VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, everyone.

I used many times the guide " http://www.ryan.com.br/virtualdub_en.htm " but lately I can no more.
    When I execute that link it appears

----------------------------------------------------------
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /virtualdub_en.htm on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.ryan.com.br Port 80

-----------------------------------------------------------

What can I do to heve acess to that guide?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Save the page locally:

Using Firefox: go to the page when it's working then select File -> Save Page As. At the Save dialog select Web Page, Complete. Pick a local location and save.

From IE: go to the page when it's working then select File -> Save As. Set the Save As Type to Web Archve, Single File (*.mht), or Web Page Complete. Then save.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I clicked on the link and went straight through to the guide

How to recode an AVI with Virtualdub

Brazil doesn't block Portugal, does it?

I know that i can't access certain content on UK sites, but whole pages aren't blocked.

Have you tried different browsers?

Maybe it was temporary (maintenance, server change, etc.)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Supreme2K and Jagabo.
    It's strange I don't manage to obtain that page since 6 months ago. Before I always managed.
    With the link Jagabo sent me I already got the guide.
    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Supreme2k
    I clicked on the link and went straight through to the guide

How to recode an AVI with Virtualdub

Brazil doesn't block Portugal, does it?

I know that i can't access certain content on UK sites, but whole pages aren't blocked.

Have you tried different browsers?

Maybe it was temporary (maintenance, server change, etc.)
    404 usually means "the file doesn't exist at that location". If the server is blocking access, I think it's supposed to give a different return code.

I live in the USA and I can access the site. I used to work for a company that had customers in Brazil and I can tell you only that things are "different" in Brazil. I used to see Brazilian banks block web access from "non-Braziilan" websites. The only problem was that in our case Philips, the Dutch multinational company, was one of our customers and they couldn't access some Brazilian banking websites because the banks' software looked up who registered the IP address range, saw it was registered in the Netherlands, and blocked it. So this dumb ass ryan.com.br web provider probably is blocking access outside of Brazil. The question is - Why are Americans getting through? A failure in the blocking program? Or do they ONLY block Portugal? Is the blocking of Portugal a mistake? I can answer none of these questions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i could open it. if it doesn't work for you, you might wanna try http://web.archive.org/web/20071107073145/http://ryan.com.br/virtualdub_en.htm
    Quote Quote