VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So im burning a blue ray filesystem onto a dvd-5. i've been following some specific tutorials that mention to use IMGBURN with UDF and 2.5, making it seem very specific. is it possible to burn a blueray filesystem with nero? what settings should i enable? what are the differences between Physical, Virtual, and Sparable Partitions? all those are select options in nero.

also, while we are at what is the differance between UDF and ISO?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dont use nero to burn blu-ray,follow the guide and burn with imgburn.Udf is a file system,iso is a file container,iso9660 is a file system.Udf is better suited for larger files than dvd,iso9660 is suited for dvd.Look on google for more details.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Either IMGburn or Nero should work fine. If you are using Nero 7, then use these settings:

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    while we are here i was curious, im pretty confident my final burn is good, i converted mkv to blue ray format via tsmuxer->bd rebuilder->img burn. but the player does not play it, and says "incompatible" is this my error, or perhaps is the player too old?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, it would have been a good idea to have told us what model your BluRay player is. http://www.doom9.net has some info in their forums on specific players and what it should take to get BluRay on DVD media working. Some players require certain directories to be on the disc, some require different directories, and some seem to not support BluRay on DVD no matter what you do.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    do you think you could throw a link my way to that list? i dont browse their forums, but looking through it a bit, i couldnt find it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's Blu-ray, not "blue ray" or "blueray"

capital B, little lu, hyphen, little ray. 8)
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    eh, honestly i know, but i refuse to go out of my way to remember how to respell "blue." stupid corporations and their "clever" names.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gooberguy
    do you think you could throw a link my way to that list? i dont browse their forums, but looking through it a bit, i couldnt find it
    Doom9's policy is not to allow direct linking. I don't have time to find it for you right now. If you wait a few days (I am NOT kidding - you'll have to wait that long if you want me to do your work for you and I do NOT promise that I will remember to do so) and I have some spare time, I might try to look for it for you. Maybe.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't mind using a non-trademarked name for those discs, namely because I hate giving in to the idea that they should have "control" over people's conversations in reference to some technology, whether they originated that technology or not.

So let's all call it "Bleu Reigh"!!!

Both BD and DVD "authored" multimedia formats use standard disc and filesystems (UDF 2.5 in BD, and microUDF 1.02 in DVD), but there are a few restrictions and particulars AFA file order and folder naming, placement, etc that requires the burning app to be AWARE of those formats and their needs to produce a FULLY compliant disc, as opposed to a generic data disc that may work in some players (or computers) but not in others, hence the request for using ImgBurn (and latest v. of Nero).

Scott
    Quote Quote