VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys, I'm facing an audio drift issue when using Adobe Media Encoder CS4.
    I do like using AME for it's clean UI, but this problem has be a constant pain.

Example: Converting from an AVI with VBR audio to H264 format.

After conversion with AME, the audio slowly but surely drifts out of sync and becomes very noticeable during playback by the time it reaches 20min or more.

However, using Handbrake, there is no issue of audio sync as with AME.

Any idea why is this so?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VBR audio often cause sync problems. Some encoders supports this but apparently not adobe media encoder. You could reconvert the vbr audio to wav(using for example virtualdub or avidemux) but it's one more step...so STICK with handbrake
    Quote Quote  
  3. Wow, that's dissapointing. Even an old version of Total Video Converter is able to handle conversions from a source with VBR audio without problems. It seems Adobe was a bit slack with their AME.

I guess I'll just stick with HandBrake for now.
    However there is one issue with HandBrake though, when converting from a source with stereo to mono audio, the sounds gets warped and slowed down

This causes the encoded file to have a playing duration of twice it's actual length. The video stays fine, so about half way through the video goes blank and audio keeps playing in slow-mo.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote