VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone. I have a corrupt .iso file on my hard drive that I am trying to repair (if possible). When I burn a DVD from the .iso it is unplayable in any DVD player. I tried to unpack it with Winrar to examine the files, but that didn't work either. Winrar wouldn't even open it, but it would open all my other .iso files on my hard drive.

I've never encountered a bad .iso before. I've repaired many a bad video file in my time, but never an .iso. I looked in the tools sections, did a search and tried to find something through Google, but have come up with nothing.

Does anyone know of a way to repair corrupt .iso files?

Thanks!
    Chris
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First try opening the ISO with DVD Shrink assuming that the files are DVD compliant. Then save to a new folder. Process with VobBlanker and burn the files with ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for the response. I actually tried that already, but with no luck. When I tried to open the image file in DvdShrink I got the following error message: "Invalid UDF File System."
    Quote Quote  
  4. isobuster may be able to extract the files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Similarly, PowerISO might be able to extract the files (unfortunately not a freeware).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    We're making an awful lot of assumptions here that may not be valid. For example, it seems that everyone is assuming that the original poster has had this file for some time and created it himself. In fact, there is absolutely nothing in his posts to rule out the possibility that he downloaded it recently and it's never been OK. I think that is exactly what has happened.

If this is a torrent file you got somewhere, you may be out of luck. Torrents can get corrupted very easily and there's generally no fix for that. Also, if this is a BluRay shrink to DVD size and you didn't tell us that, your issue may be one of simply needing a UDF 2.50 driver.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Neither of those two things. It wasn't a downloaded file or BluRay. It's not even very old, say about 2 days old. I converted the contents of a VIDEO_TS folder to an .iso using DVDShrink, and then I deleted the VIDEO_TS folder. Wish I hadn't done that now because the .iso is all I have left and I figured it was fine since Shrink didn't encounter any problems when making it into an .iso.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just rip the folder from the dvd again,if it wasnt d/l then thats where you got it from.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Can't rip it from the DVD, that would be a simple solution if I could. It's a DVD of family reunions, given back to the owner who's now passed it on to someone else and he hasn't been able to get it back from him. Alas, I'm stuck with only the .iso file. I will give isobuster a shot and see.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the explanation. DVD Shrink may have been fine. It could simply by that your disk drive is corrupted and although DVD Shrink did what you wanted, the area it wrote to was bad and you didn't know it. That happens.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How big is this iso image ?

Possible to mount iso using magic iso and target with dvdfab ... skipping errors... it may be worth a shot.
    Quote Quote