VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to put my head on the most interesting man in the world videos. how do I do it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A soft-edge matte could do it. Got AfterEffects? Got a video editor? Got Photoshop? There are lots of ways. (It's a little hard to guess what tools you have at your disposal.)

Or, you could simply become MUCH more interesting yourself and replace him in the role.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have photo shop
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A static photo with your head, can be added with a logo filter, like the one virtualdub has.

To put a video with your head on the top of a video, it needs Premiere, After Effects... I don't really know an easy way.
    La Linea by Osvaldo Cavandoli
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is the head you want to replace static, or does it move around a lot ?

Do you want to replace it with a photo, or video clip ?

Is this a short clip, or a long one ?

Do you have a sample of the video you want to replace the head in , so we can see what you are up against ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just go to u tube and search the most interesting man in the world. and pick any video clip.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No easy way to do it. Putting aside the structure which has early clips then later clips, and the difficulty in not only aging your insert face appropriately, you also have to be able to match the different film stocks they have imitated. And that is without trying to insert a face into what are essentially actions scenes. These are often shot with a hand-held feel, with the actor turning his dead or pass behind objects.

About the only section you could easily work with is the end section where he plugs the beer. At least he stays pretty still and could be easily mimicked and replaced. The rest would be very difficult, and you would have to shoot lots of footage to be inserted, matching all the angles and moves of the source.

Tools ? After Effects, Combustion or Digital Fusion (Shake, if you are an Apple or Linux person), lots of tracking, masking, hand-cleanup working in small clips.

You could not do a global replacement for the whole clip. You would have to break it down into at least all the original scenes, and perhaps further. You would have to shoot footage for each scene, then do the replacement and finally, when you are done, re-edit it all back together again.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "The most interesting man in the world" must have been voted on by baby boomer women...they probably spotted a fiver coming out his pocket
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, it would be easier than Chinese Chess. Take the original video, motion track the the head, sending the data to a null layer, insert your video containing your head, parent it to the null layer. That Adobe After Effects is great!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by M Bruner
    Actually, it would be easier than Chinese Chess. Take the original video, motion track the the head, sending the data to a null layer, insert your video containing your head, parent it to the null layer. That Adobe After Effects is great!
    So long as you don't care if looks like you just stuck it on with glue, and didn't care that it didn't match the angle of the original and didn't actually blend at all. In which case you could do it with Wax2 just as badly.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Originally Posted by M Bruner
    So long as you don't care if looks like you just stuck it on with glue, and didn't care that it didn't match the angle of the original and didn't actually blend at all. In which case you could do it with Wax2 just as badly.
    This.

What you have suggested guns1inger is not wrong, it would just lead to a horrible looking output. If you were doing that and then going to follow it up with CC, a lot of masking, feathering, effective scaling, grain-matching, opacity gaps, etc etc then you may get somewhere. But just 'sticking' one face over another is going to look horrific. In order to do it properly your not going to replace the head in one go, there will be many many layers for different parts of the face, all tracked properly and matched with each other and the original.

A LOT of work!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I'm trying to do something similar except the head in the video disappears and reappears often within the video. Is there any way I can stop the track motion for a certain number of frames and then restart it later? I have Adobe After Effects CS5.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Ummlyssa View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to do something similar except the head in the video disappears and reappears often within the video. Is there any way I can stop the track motion for a certain number of frames and then restart it later? I have Adobe After Effects CS5.
    Split your shot up into separate layers, track only those that have the head
    Quote Quote