VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a friend who relies on me for advice for backup help from time to time and he is having an issue with DVDFAB HD Decrypter. He updated to v.6 a month ago and didn't realize he was using the trial version of the full program. Well yesterday he attempted to back up a movie and when he hit the START button to start the backup - NOTHING. I had him make sure he chose the HD Decrypter - free version and still the same results -

I googled the issue and found a few threads in different forums of people having the same issue and no one has a fix. I searched here to no avail also - I had him upgrade to the newest version 6.0.1.5 and same results. It seems that if you use the trial version that in addition to the full program being disabled the free HD Decrypter is disabled as well.

Any idea's ????

Thanks for the help

smb
    ...must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    "DVD to DVD" is being fixed. It will no longer be a "trial version". A new version should be out in a few days.

I have the full registered version of 6.0.1.0 and it works great. So the problem must be with the free & trial versions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    6.0.1.5 did fix the issue !
    ...must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    6.0.1.5 is just a beta version, still fixing issues.
    A new stable version will be out soon.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Update: 6.0.1.6

What's New:

New: Added “General -> Diagnosis" window in "Settings". User can choose enable/disable log files.
    New: Updated language files.
    Fix: HD Decrypter doesn't work when DVDFab options expired.
    Quote Quote  
  6. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    I had this same problem with 6.0.1.0 yesterday. Clicking the "Start" button had no effect. It was inoperative. As far as I know, I had the free version. If it was a trial version, that was their fault for not making it clear. In any case it wouldn't work at all. I tried several discs, ripping both the main movie and the full disc, same thing. Zilch. I believe it worked previously, but can't remember for sure. It just stopped working.

However I then installed the latest beta version 6.0.1.8 (June 19) and it works OK so far. It contains a new DVD to DVD trial option which isn't worded clearly in English, but that's of no consequence. Just ignore it, apparently. As for whether it's a free version of Fab or a trial version, your guess is as good as mine. They don't make things clear in that regard, apparently.

The main thing is that it's working again in the latest beta version.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    The newest beta version is still not stable, even though most of the problems have been fixed. I'm waiting on the new stable version.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click on the "?" in upper right corner of DVDFAB and select "about..." if you used
    v.6 for more 30 days, your trial period ended... therefore if you click on the "start"
    button, nothing will happen. They supposely fixed the HD decrypter to work if
    license/trial expired...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's the link to the latest beta. Version 6.0.1.9.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-6-0-1-9-beta-out-277772/
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What's New:
    DVDFab 6.0.2.0 June 24, 2009

Core/UI Updates:

* New: Added “General -> Diagnosis" window in Settings. User can choose enable/disable various log files.
    * New: Updated "Info" window to show info of Blu-ray and video file.
    * New: Updated report program to support sending info files of Blu-ray and video file.
    * New: Updated language files.
    * Fix: Preview cannot be opened manually when it's disabled in Settings.
    * Fix: HD Decrypter doesn't work when DVDFab options expired.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using DVDFab 6.0.2.2 and I'm still getting closed out when the it's trying to open the DVD. Fustrating. :/
    "*sigh* Warned you, we tried. Listen, you did not. Now SCREWED, we all will be!" ~Yoda
    Quote Quote