VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, so what I have been doing is using fraps to record video from the blackmagic intensity for 2 reasons, the file size is a lot smaller, and it will actually record sound. I have to push record from the media express program, then start recording with fraps, so I can minimize the screen, so what ends of happening is I record 2 video files at once so its taking up a lot of extra space AND using up my cpu. I was wondering if their was a way I could record with fraps while having the media express program minimized and not on record mode. Is there any program that I can use that will display video directly from the capture card with out any record features? sorry if this sounds confusing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why not use the included Black Magic software? Why fraps?
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by edDV
    Why not use the included Black Magic software? Why fraps?
    I use the program to view the video. My computer can't handle recording 720p @60fps and it won't record audio for some reason. So I simply just record my screen with fraps, and it actually records sound because I have it going from line in
    Quote Quote  
  4. here, i am going to translate your post

i bought a new Ferrari but i can't seem to get it into gear so i leave it in neutral and have it hooked to the back of a tow truck, then i have someone drive me around town, the problem is that the car does not seem to handle like a Ferrari should, and i have to purchase fuel for both the truck and the car...

troubleshoot your audio issues and learn to use the included software

there options which allow you to encode at lower bit rates, or with compression, for smaller files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, can you tell me where those options are? I can record in compressed jpg but it still eats a lot of space, and it still lags. I don't really care about having the quality lower, I use it mostly just for proof of winning for gamebattles. The quality with fraps isn't that bad either, I just want to be able to record with fraps while having the program minimized
    Quote Quote  
  6. i am trying to get ahold of my friend who uses both of these programs (not at the same time) for your answers

until then, can you not use the first program to display (monitor) the game video without having to record? i know my CC will preview to screen without needing to press the record button - then you would only have to record from fraps

i do something similar (live broadcasts of game play) - i use my CC software to display the video on screen, then use CamTwist to capture and upload the video

if quality is not important (lores .flv) you could also stream your video to ustream.tv or justin.tv, and have your broadcast recorded by them - that way you would have no overhead, and your friends could watch you play live
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I want to be able to minimize the screen while recording with fraps though, I can only do this when I push the record button on the media express program, and I don't want to record with both at the same time
    Quote Quote  
  8. my friend said he stopped using fraps when he got his Blackmagic card and basically repeated what i posted earlier

he said without seeing your entire setup he could offer no more advice

EDIT: sorry i forgot to ask, my friend asked if you wanted the fraps window minimized, or the media express, it is not clear from your post
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay I use the intensity to record the xbox 360, I have a hdmi splitter, with one hdmi going to the intensity, and one hdmi going to my monitor. I want to be able to record with fraps while having the media express program minimized. The only way I am able to do it is if I hit record in the media express program and then start to record with fraps to be able to minimize it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah, well I started to record with Vegas in full 720p. Its about 30 gigs every 10 minutes but man the quality is AMAZING. I just cut out of the good parts and delete the waste of space and render it into a slightly compress format. Thanks anyways
    Quote Quote  
  11. 1. Does your computer meet any of the specific requirements for the black magic intensity pro?
    - I had mine on an older system but it still performed nearly flawless.

2. The suggestion of using the blackmagic to record from the preview window makes no sense to me - even for your audio issues. You could have probably saved a lot of money and just bought a cheaper capture box like pinnacle or something.
    Quote Quote