VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi i have trouble getting my bluray to play from harddisk ,i have made them into iso files, but when trying to play with powerdvd 8 then i get colored pixels but when aplying patc then color comes but when mounting certain movies with virtual clone then powerdvd opens and say no disc in drive ,and the ones that run ,do it with some flicker.
    Quote Quote  
  2. the last version of powerdvd to support playing bluray from the ahrd drive was 7.3 i'm surprised anything runs at all.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hollywood said "Jump" and Cyberlink (the makes of PowerDVD) said "How high?" Hollywood made Cyberlink remove the ability to play BluRay from a hard drive some versions ago, just as minidv2dvd says. I haven't bought an upgrade from PowerDVD in years because I honestly believe that every new release is less functional than the one before it. It would not shock me at all if a future release of PowerDVD refused to play ANYTHING and Cyberlink would be stupid enough to do it. I cannot personally confirm this as I have no way to test presently, but we've had reports that the current release of PowerDVD won't play BluRay from a BluRay disc, not at all, unless you've got your display hooked up via HDMI. In the past it would at least play it in lower resolution. See, this crap is why I say that each release of PowerDVD is worse than the one before it.

Remember that taking away your ability to play BluRay on a hard disk is helping to prevent piracy - ha ha ha ha! At least that's what Hollywood thinks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. yes i know that it will not play from folder ,but i have made the bdmv and certificate folders to an iso file with img burn ,and was under the impresion that powerdvd then would play them all ,a man can dream cant he ,i know have tryed powerdvd 9 and it opens the movies but one plays with flicker in the picture "underworld evo" and one plays perfekt "the international" and one says no disc when mounting with virtua clone that allso happens when trying to play a avchd file that worked with powerdvd 8 before the patch ,so i am very confused of what to do.
    If i chose powerdvd 7.3 will that play the bd+ protected movies?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    7.3 should play it.

but... be carefull. i got 7.3 bundled with my bd-rom.
    this software is a crapp and all updates (inluding cyberlink critical updates) make it work even worse

it still playbacks bd in a proper way. but stopped working for avchd and other h.264 files :/
    Quote Quote  
  6. ok this is complicated but i have now tried 6 different version of powerdvd ,powerdvd 9 works on my not so powerfull computer but not on the one that i use for bluray !! strange ,pwdvd 7.3 did not work for me so i landed on powerdvd8 it plays both bluray and avchd ,my luck was done , so i i thought but when connecting to my surround reciver via spdif cable from pc i found that when the movie starts that when people are speaking in the movie i can hear there voices in all my speakers instead of just the center speaker, all trailers in the movie sounds correct . This is only with bluray ,when playing avchd movies there are no problem so arggg, this is driving me crazy.
    I have tried totalmediatheater but can not get it to play bluray.
    Can it be my motherboard that is to old ,because i have bought a ati 4350hd card ,but could not get it to work properly so i switzed back to my ati 2450hd . when i got that 2years ago a computer wizard updated the bios in order to get that card to work.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ok as mentioned i have got it to play blu-ray and can get the sound to play in dolby prologic when selecting english and 5.1 when chosing one of the other language, do i need at soundcard that can handle dts-hd? i thought that if no dts-hd decoder was found that it would automatic play in normal dts.
    Quote Quote