VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey,

I'm pretty new to the world of Blu-Ray authoring, and I decided to jump into Scenarist. I am currently in a film school in California and was fortunate enough to discover that the program was purchased. Unfortunately, the program version is 4.1, and to make matters worse, no one actually seems to know how to use it. Instead, they use authoring programs like Encore, DVD Architect, etc.

Anyways, I was lucky to find reykroona.com and have been working on a simple menu since then to get me started.

I am now ready to mux my project. But when I do, I get an error code stating that the target machine cannot be found...? I am not sure what this means or how to fix it?

Do I need to have a networked machine solely dedicated to muxing projects? Will a program like Muxman help? I am not very keen on muxing in general, so any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    If everything is infinite then nothing is definite.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you set your file paths for all your outputs? Also...ask to get the newest version. They are at 5.1 now
    Quote Quote  
  3. i'm not sure his computer is quite up to running the latest version -
    The minimum system requirements for Scenarist BD Edition include:

* Windows® XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32-bit
    * 2 x Dual-Core Intel® Xeon®processor 5160 3.0 GHz with 4 MB L2 cache 1333 MHz front side bus
    Quote Quote  
  4. some versions are slightly different but i think this is the basic muxing routine.

Go to the Start Menu/Utilities and load Mux Remoting Server. You don't need to do anything here so go back to Scenarist. Click on the MUX button on the toolbar. Check the box for "Not create the disc image file". Click MUX Start. Depending on the length of your video this will take a few minutes. When the box turns green you are done so click Close and go ahead and quit Scenarist and Mux Server.
    Quote Quote  
  5. minidv2dvd, you're a genius!
    If everything is infinite then nothing is definite.
    Quote Quote