VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to make a Mixed Multi-Angle DVD (just to be clear - a full length DVD movie that is only Multi-Angle during certain chapters).
    I'm using DVD Maestro 2.9.2915 and my original files are AVI's that need to be edited first, which i do in NeroVision Express 3.0.1.27, and then turn them into VOB files so i can encode them later.

I'm using MainConcept Mpeg Encoder 1.05.00.00 and Canopus Procoder 3.00.50.00. At the moment, as a test, i'm just trying to get one Multi-Angle video out of Maestro, so i'm using 2 files that have been edited to the same length and i've used the same format and encoding settings for each file, plus of course i've chosen closed GOP's each time, and a constant bitrate of 4000kbps. In Maestro though, whenever i try to insert the second file into the movie, i get a message like - Number of GOPs in angle block are not identical.

Can anyone give me some advice on what encoding settings to use or hopefully recommend an encoder that might be better suited to Maestro, or maybe point me in the direction of a good, easy to understand guide?

I've used DVD Lab Pro 2.5 in the past to create Multi-Angle DVD's, (which doesn't seem to be as picky about identical GOPs) but not Mixed Multi-Angle, does anyone know if this is possible with this program, and if so, how?
    I had an idea that if i used DVD Lab Pro to create my single-angle and multi-angle videos separately, then maybe i could find another program that could merge them into one VTS Title, but i i have no idea is this is even possible.

I know that multi-angle is tricky stuff so i appreciate any help that anyone can give me, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Make sure you have scene detection off. Many encoders will insert I frame at scene cuts.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Scene detection was turned off in Main Concept, but it still didn't work.

I turned off scene detection in Procoder and that worked in Maestro for 1 Multi-Angle video that had 2 angles that were the same length.
    I tried to make a Mixed Multi-Angle video however and got the message - Incompatible GOP Structure In Angle Block Detected.

Is there something else i need to do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't know if these will help, but they will while away the time until something else comes along -

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/multi-angle-dvd-problems-with-dvd-maestro-t225207.html

http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-105599.html
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote