VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Everyone,

This is my first post ever!

I have a 450 MGB MPEG 2 Video and want to make it less than 100 MGB so I can upload it to Youtube.

Would appreciate any help.

Video Mike
    Quote Quote  
  2. Don't expect great quality for such reduction, but your best bet would probably be using h.264/aac

Easy GUI to use is ripbot264, but it requires a few external programs like ffdshow (it will tell you what it wants installed)

You can checkmark the lock size box in the lower right hand corner and enter the size. For the audio, you may want to lower the bitrate from 128kbps, so more bitrate can be used on the video for better visual quality

Just be warned it takes a long time for such compression on older PC's, and if your specs are correct, it will take a few hours
    Quote Quote  
  3. welcome to the forum.

there is no need to make it any smaller. youtube accepts videos up to 1 GB now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any good compression hosting or delivery service online, by the way? That means the uploaded video or file will be automatically compressed for downloading or delivery. Please share the info if you know it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. youtube re-encodes all videos uploaded to it.
    Quote Quote