VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, and a big hello to Tin2Tin.

I just started using DSG and love it!

As my slideshows get more and more complex, I am wanting to create my own AVS backgrounds, transitions and effects. But, I haven’t a clue how to write the scripts.
    I’ve played around and opened many AVS scripts and most/all have the FreeFrame .dll. The scripts that are the most intriguing all refer to their own .dll.

example: "Post_only_MultiStripsH" has this as the AVS script...

#colorbars()
    LoadPlugin("freeframe.dll")
    converttorgb24()
    Freeframe("Syz_MultipleStrips.dll",false,0.543,0.3 94,0.63,0.189)
    converttoYV12()

How are those dll’s written? Which program? Is it FreeFrame that generates the dll? How are these number values achieved and what do they represent?

The background that want to create is a variation of the post effect “Post_only_MultiStripsH”… I would like to have multi strips running as the background for a few seconds and then have the image overlay for a few seconds more.

I can get real close by selecting the “Post_only_MultiStripsH” as my background in project settings. That gives me the scrolling image and the larger image overlaid and it’s cool. But, the effect would be much stronger if the larger overlaid image transitioned in after a few seconds.

Is this something that can be written as a script?

I’ve tried making an AVI of just the “Post_only_MultiStripsH” and then added the same image as an overlay, but the two are the same size and you don’t see the multi strips behind the static image.

Thanks in advance for your collective brain trust and sorry for the ling winded post. I hope it makes sense.

Spot Finder

p.s. I’m running DSG 9.1.6 and AviSynth 2.5
    Spot Finder

"A picture is worth a thousand words--But it uses up a thousand times the memory."
    ~ Unknown
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVS scripts can be written is something as simple as notepad (I do most of mine that way), or you can use something more sophisticated like AVP.

I suggest you start by reading through the basics at avisynth.org. This will give you an idea of the structure of scripts, and take you through a few starter scripts.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    yeah just like guns1inger suggested. Also, visit the doom9.org avisynth user forum. be sure to do some reading around on the net first. if you go into that forum "green", you might not get any help. lots of help to be had on that forum. Also, you can do a search on the doom9 avisynth user forum using the keywords of what you are looking for to see if was already covered.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am wanting to create my own AVS backgrounds, transitions and effects.
    Sounds great!

You can read up on Free Frame here: http://freeframe.sourceforge.net/

On the link between Freeframe and Avisynth:
    Freeframe 1.0 (Not FreeFrameGL) can be used in Avisynth by this plugin: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=92174
    Dl here: http://avisynth.org/warpenterprises/files/freeframe_25_dll_20050426.zip

This is the doc:
    Freeframe for avisynth by Fredrik Mellbin

Loads freeframe filters which are RGB only and optionally displays a GUI for the settings.
    More information and filters for freeframe can be found at http://freeframe.sourceforge.net.
    Freeframe supports RGB24 and/or RGB32 depending on the filter loaded.

Takes 2+ arguments:
    Freeframe(clip, string dllname, bool showgui, lots of varying optional arguments)

The varying arguments can be of the types bool, string and float between 0 and 1
    depending on the filter dll specified. Omitting them uses the defaults and for
    arguments reported as bool by the loaded filter both float and bool are valid.
    0 means false and everything else means true.

Example:
    freeframe("petespiralblur.dll",true,0,0) (will give you a zoom blur)

Known issues;
    String arguments have never been tested but that's because no freeframe plugin seems to use it
    Freeframeconf.dll has to be somewhere in the path or the avisynth auto loading dir for the gui to work

Changes:
    1.1 - fixed exception when not showing the gui
    1.2 - fixed exception when gui dll not present or in the avisynth autoloading dir
    So basically change Freeframe("Syz_MultipleStrips.dll",false,0.543,0.3 94,0.63,0.189) to Freeframe("Syz_MultipleStrips.dll",true) and run the script in AvsP or Media Player Classic and the there will be a window with sliders you can change to your own linking. That window will also show you how the current settings looks as a line of script aka Freeframe("Syz_MultipleStrips.dll",false,0.543,0.3 94,0.63,0.189) copy/paste this into the avisynth script. Save it and load it as a background.

Actually it a good idear to use MultipleStrips as background - I haven't thought of that.

I'm not really sure if it is possible to get the background to show the current slide before it is actually shown as a slide(out of sync), because the foreground-slide is the source of the background-video. Alternatively you could make your slideshow with the MultipleStrips effect and export is as .avs and then load that avs(loss-less) as background into the same slideshow and then delay the slides with one slide in the beginning of the slideshow which is either an all alpha .png or you could use the animation tool to keep a first slide outside the visible area.

If you want to go a step further with FreeFrame plugins (without actually code them) you should get http://ffrend.sourceforge.net/
    With this great program you can combine Free Frame plugins into new Free Frame plugins(.dll/called metaclips) which then can be loaded into DSG with same procedure as mentioned above. That's how most of the animated backgrounds are made in DSG.

If you want to see the background at the same time as the forground slide, you can use the Safe Area function in the Presets window to limit the forground image size, or use the animation tool to make the slides smaller and the background will be visible around the slide.

Good luck - and let us see what you come up with.

EDIT: If you want to use a posteffect as background this line must be added to the end of the background script: "Converttoyv12()" or else will the render not work(wrong colorspace).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Here's an example of a slideshow with a Multistrips background:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06-6hHJNZY
    Unfortunately Youtube killed some of the smooth movement of the moving background.
    Quote Quote