VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now that I switched to Windows VISTA 64 bit ........I find that I cannot view videos or video content on INTERNET nor does U-Tube work. Why? It seems that Adobe Flash Player is not yet available in 64 bit.

Does anyone know anything about this?

The Adobe site says...............Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following Flash Player 10.

Is the wait a few weeks or a few years?

orfa jackson
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser. However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you stick to using the 64bit version of ie then you will run into more problems than just the flash player,best to use 32bit ie.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you stick with ie in general you'll run in to problems, it's best to not use ie at all. As for 64 bit Flash player support you might consider dumping windows altogether. They have one for Linux and they're "working" on one for Windows. They have been saying that for allmost a year by now so the wait certainly won't be a few weeks. In a few years maybe ...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by orfajackson
    Is the wait a few weeks or a few years?
    It's likely years. Lars123456789 didn't tell you that the 64 bit Linux version took YEARS to come out too. In fact, it took Adobe so long to release any updates to Flash on Linux that some people thought that they might have abandoned the OS, but it did come out - eventually. Whether the 64 bit Linux version is any good or not is something I can't answer. Here at work we had to use some ugly hacks to get the 32 bit one to work under 64 works.
    Quote Quote