VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i am posting for my father because he has no internet, he has a dvd vcr combo lg rc299h it stopped playing dvds and then the remote stopped working, we have tried replacing batteries, taking batteries out and pushing all the buttons and then putting batteries back, all of the steps the book says and all the steps the phone help said. i am not sure what info you need to help me so ask away and please help!
    Beverly
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the forums. Thank you for providing the model of the DVD player. That was very helpful. Unfortunately most new members post things like "My dad's DVD player has a problem with the remote control" and expect us to help with no more information than that.

Remote controls do go bad. Late last year I bought the Western Digital HDTV media player and I think my remote control went bad within 3 days of purchase. I called Western Digital and they sent me a new one and all was good.

You could call LG and ask if you can buy a new one. I doubt that this unit is still under warranty so you'll probably have to buy one. Here's a website in the UK that claims to be able to sell you a remote for this player:
    http://www.findremotes.com/remote-controls-1/remote-controls-37lc46-control-32579.htm
    I know nothing about remotes and don't know if some kind of universal remote could be used with your player. Perhaps someone else will know.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you for such a speedy reply.. he has had issues with this machine since he got it.. and he called lg and they said for $150 they could repair it and he said he could get a new one for another 70 so screw that lol he gave me this website cause he had been on here a few years back to get the regional stuff on it. i have NO clue about this kinda stuff so i made him give me all the info lol i will keep checking back to see if there is other help i had also mentioned to him that the remote is probably crap..it powers the rest of the tv just not the dvdcombo player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could always give a universal remote a try. If it works, then you likely have a bad remote. If not, it could simply be the player. Buy one at a local store, and you can return it if it doesn't work.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote