VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

First of all, I'm new to video capturing so I'd like you to excuse my newbieness.

I just got a Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme acquisition card, that I would like to use to capture video with a Sony EVI-HD1 camera.

Unfortunately, after installing the card and all, when I connect the camera to the card with a coax cable and launch Blackmagic Media Express, there seem to be no signal as I get a black screen in the video area, no matter what kind of video quality I choose in the preferences section. When I try to record some test data with this software, I also get all-black videos. I tried using a different camera (Sony DV Handycam) as input, but I have the very same result.

Do you have any idea what could cause the problem?

Thank you very much.
    Bastien
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought this could have something to do with my hard drive not being fast enough, but then I should still be able to see something when I'm trying to capture a video in PAL or NTSC, right?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi did you ever find out the issue to this? I am in the same situation and I can not get my camera to post a picture??? Let me know
    Quote Quote