VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have a challenging problem.

Multiple users storing videos into separate folders using different formats - but mostly MP4 (from mobile phones) and 3ivx (Flip video).

I need to convert them all to WMV automatically along these lines without any user intervention required....

1. To run automatically overnight and identify any non-WMV files amongst several specified folders (and any of their subfolders)
    2. To convert these to WMV - retaining original resolution & filename - into original file folder (essential). A watermark would be useful.
    3. After conversion to delete original file (optional).
    4. Ideally to generate log of files converted/problems.

Any ideas??
    Tried several demos (Xilsoft Ultimate, Easy Video Convert, Tunebite) but none satisfy above criteria (and Tunebite severely mucked up codecs & crashed explorer).
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Windows Media Encoder, see http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/howto/articles/AutomatingEncoding.aspx .You probably need to install codecs like ffdshow to be able to decode mp4, etc.

If that wont work I would try HDConvertToX, MediaCoder....or convert to wmv2 using ffmpeg(through a gui like winff or command line).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    None of these will do what I need without a lot of scripting and as far as I can tell, still won't be able to automatically find files to convert. They all need the files to be specified.

I was really looking for something to do what I need straight out of the box! I'm prepared to pay!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think you will find any such app without any custom scripting.
    Quote Quote