VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks in advance for any help provided. Okay, I have a BlackMagic Design Intensity Pro capture card. I have hooked up a Cannon XL1-S camcorder for playback (which was also used to record the media) and have captured video from the DV tapes using Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 with no problems at all. I used the component RCA (red, white, yellow) cables to hook up to the capture card's breakout cable.

However, when I connect those same lines to a VCR and try to capture VHS video, the capture screen "flickers" badly. I see empty screen, then video, then empty screen. Audio is also flickering. I'm using a dual player (DVD/VHS) to play the VHS tapes from. I thought that maybe the VHS tapes were originally recorded in EP mode, so I copy them to another player which recorded in standard mode. Same result when I tried to capture the new VHS tape. Interesting thing is that when I stick in a DVD into the dual player, the signal comes through fine, after about 20 seconds of flickering. It seems to become "synced" and play fine. Same machine and same cables as used to try and capture the VHS tape.

Since I am just starting out in VE, any responses would be appreciated. It is obvious that it has something to do with the VHS tapes and their signals, and not the connections.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tape has time base error. Vcr with TBC will fix the problem.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic250528.html
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic347374.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much for your response. After I posted, I saw the sticky about capturing, so I should of read that first, so I apologize to all.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote