VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I read that Handbrake can be used to convert mkv to regular avi that a standalone will play. However, when I try to install Handbrake, I get the following error message. Is there any way to solve this problem (except installing more memory)? If I cannot use Handbrake, what other simple alternative should I try? Is AlltoAVI a good choice?

Quote Quote  
  2. While waiting for a reply to this post, I tried AlltoAVI, but the result, according to G-spot, still had the x264 codec in the video. So I tried Avidemux and chose the first selection, <MPEG-4 ASP(XVID)> and that worked. The G-spot didn't show any x264 codec, and the resulting AVI played fine in my DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I would still like to know how I can install Handbrake on this computer (given 256mb memory). Is there something I can do in the registry to "fool" Handbrake so that it will install even though I only have 256mb memory?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check this link: http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/SupportFAQ#mem

Quote: "When I try to launch the GUI it says "Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for HandBrake...."¶
    Either your screen resolution is too low or you simply do not have enough RAM.
    Screen resolution must be above 1024x720 and you must have at least 256MB ram available to the operating system.
    Please note, we do not intend to support netbooks."
    Quote Quote