VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It came with the HDMI Cable, but just one.

I spent 310 bucks at Costco and I didn't know which other HDMI Cables to buy so I bought these Online...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024001&p_id=...seq=1&format=2

I hope I didn't overspend. I bought two of those HDMI Cables and then after I bought them I scrolled to the bottom and saw some for 5-7 bucks...they were like 2 feet or more.

Did I get the Right cables?? I heard the HDMI Cables I just bought will be AWSOME and they are some of the best cables you can buy.

Also here is the TV I bought today...

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11325659&search=Vizio%2022%22&Mo=0&cm...v=&s=1#reviews

I saw the 19" and the 22" was a little bit more. I also found a Samsung 23" with an AWSOME Picture but I kept reading on Samsung TVs breaking and Customer Service is Terrible with them.

Thoughts, Suggestions, anything will be helpful.

Also this is my first ever LCD HDTV can someone please help me with Customizing the options for the best picture. I am currently plugged into my Philips DVP5992 via HDMI Cable that came in box. I plugged in my Component Cables for the PS2 and it works and Still need to plug my Go-Video VCR into my New TV, but waiting for my WD TV Media Player to come in mail.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Those Monoprice cables should be fine. They are certified to work correctly. I use a similar Monoprice 45' HDMI cable to my projector with no problems. You can purchase cables with larger conductors, but I would seriously doubt you could ever see any quality difference. Much larger conductors will also make the cable much more bulky.

Samsung generally makes quality displays. I would check around a bit more for reviews as the opinions you mention seem not to be very common.

Others may be able to give more advice on setup, but HDMI is mostly plug and play and not much in the way of 'adjustments' are required.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One reason I bought my Samsung is because they're supposed to be the top rated LCDs right now for the price. The main reason was the price. Pansasonic may still be rated the highest for both LCD and Plasma.

I was wondering in the other thread about the 19" Vizio why they weren't pushing the 22" for $269. Seemed to me like the no brainer buy between the two.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Because he asked for an HDTV under $200.

So far you've connected an SD Philips DVP5992. Have you tuned in real HD yet? Over the air or cable?

What is the second cable connected to?

On second read I see you have a Western Digital player on order.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did Digital on the scan for Antenna or Digital I connected my TV via Antenna and then connected HDMI 1 to my Philips DVP5992. How do you fine tune in real HD on the Philips? Getting Western Digtal TV and another HDMI cable...I connect my Ps2 via Component cables.

just trying to figure the best settings for the best picture.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The settings are normally adjusting brightness for a good black, then contrast for white. Then adjust sharpness, color saturation and hue if required. Sometimes the brightness and contrast settings interact.

Many HDTV sets allow separate settings per input.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is my first ever LCD HDTV so any suggestions would be nice.

I also have RGB settings because it can also be a monitor connected to Computer
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Because he asked for an HDTV under $200
    But everyone else in the thread was talking about buying it for a monitor. The 22" would make a much better monitor than a 19" for $70 more. Can't see much reason to buy either a 19" LCD monitor or TV.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DarrellS
    Because he asked for an HDTV under $200
    But everyone else in the thread was talking about buying it for a monitor. The 22" would make a much better monitor than a 19" for $70 more. Can't see much reason to buy either a 19" LCD monitor or TV.
    I tend to agree but everyone has unique needs. Bottom line it depends how close you will be to it and the user's needs.

A 19" at 2ft is the same size as a 40" at about ~8ft.

An under kitchen cabinet fold down mount may max at 19" diagonal.

I like the idea because power is only 30W which the UPS can handle during a power outage.

This is why all knowing bureaucrats may ban sales of under 24" gov't approved digital TV sets but I digress. You can bet people buy these for their own reasons or they wouldn't be offered or sold in the volumes they are.
    Quote Quote