VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have an Olevia 232v lcd tv, and I need an up convert dvd player that has an hdmi color space option in it to play dvds at ycbcr601. I've used avia, and on all 3 of my dvd players when I upconvert to 720p, or 1080i I get a green push of about +15%, red -5%, and blue 0% when doing a color decoder check. The picture looks pretty bad with red under saturated, but if I turn the color control up then green obviously goes into +20% over saturation.

On my xbox 360 there is an hdmi color space option that gives you these options.

RGB "RGB is supported by all HDMI-compliant displays."

YCbCr709 "YCbCr709 is typically used for high definition movies."

YCbCr601 "YCbCr601 is typically used for standard definition movies."

When I use YCbCr601 on 480p, 720p, 1360x768, and 1080i I get about a perfect 0% for green, with red, and blue up about +5%.

I was reading an online manual for the oppo DV-980H and there was a color space option, but the descriptions were like this.

RGB 4:4:4 – The HDMI output uses RGB color space.

YCbCr 4:4:4 – The HDMI output uses YCbCr 4:4:4 color space. If you select this option please make sure that your TV is configured to accept YCbCr 4:4:4 signals, otherwise the video color will be incorrect.

YCbCr 4:2:2 – The HDMI output uses YCbCr 4:2:2 color space. If you select this option please make sure that your TV is configured to accept YCbCr 4:2:2 signals, otherwise the video color will be incorrect.

Does any of those options give ycbcr601, or is there any player that does.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Chicken Clubber
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    YCbCr 4:2:2 appears to be based upon YCbCr601. RGB 4:4:4 / YCbCr 4:4:4 / YCbCr 4:2:2 are the newer digital specs for HDMI.

How it works: http://www.vmspdg.com/YCbCr.php
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote