VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. how do you join .mov files with quicktime pro as I cant seem to get it right also save is ghosted out
    Quote Quote  
  2. Some quicktime movies have copy protection i.e. "disallow saving" option enabled. Check on some Apple movie trailers, to see if it's not an installation issue

If you are still having problems appending (I thought avidemux worked for you from the other thread) , another option is to use mkvmergegui to append into .mkv container. You can always extract and rewrap it into another container later
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are these YOUR files? Do you actually have a valid copy of QTPro?

If so, you ought to have both "SAVE" (or more like "SAVE AS" would be needed) and "EXPORT" available.
    What are these files? Specs, please.

Otherwise, it's as easy as [Select All] + [Copy] on section/clip 2, then go to section/clip 1 and jump to the end and do [Paste]. Then [SAVE AS]. And don't make a reference movie, do a full one.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia
    Are these YOUR files? Do you actually have a valid copy of QTPro?

If so, you ought to have both "SAVE" (or more like "SAVE AS" would be needed) and "EXPORT" available.
    What are these files? Specs, please.

Otherwise, it's as easy as [Select All] + [Copy] on section/clip 2, then go to section/clip 1 and jump to the end and do [Paste]. Then [SAVE AS]. And don't make a reference movie, do a full one.

Scott
    yes I have a full version of quicktime pro now as bought it other day. I had to borrow the money. But I dont understand what you mean by

[Select All] + [Copy] on section/clip 2, then go to section/clip 1 and jump to the end and do [Paste]. Then [SAVE AS]. And don't make a reference movie, do a full one.
    so I load in 1st movie, then select all, click copy, then load 2nd movie and click paste as when I load 2nd movie it just opens a 2nd quicktime player window. also is this just to join several movies or just 2
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Some quicktime movies have copy protection i.e. "disallow saving" option enabled. Check on some Apple movie trailers, to see if it's not an installation issue

If you are still having problems appending (I thought avidemux worked for you from the other thread) , another option is to use mkvmergegui to append into .mkv container. You can always extract and rewrap it into another container later
    Sorry all I logged in with my 2nd nickname I should have logged in with this one, I couldn't find out how to delete other post. anyway yes avidemux was working until I got append failing on some clips so went and bought quicktime pro. like I said I had to borrow the money, as short @ moment of funds. I just thought it would give me better results joining mov files with quicktime pro but I believe you can only join 2 @ a time I may be wrong but its not explained very well how to join them bit confusing. I did actually try WinFF and that converted the ones which said append errors then I just went back to using avidemux to try joining again and it seem to work again. but Like I said Just thought maybe quicktime pro would be best

I find this joining MOV files using Quicktime so confusing as where it says

Move the progress bar from where you want the first mov to be copied (Usually from the time 0:00)Merge Join MOV Files

it seems you can only join 2 MOV files maybe I am wrong
    Quote Quote  
  6. QTPro is the best for compatibility IMO, but if your files are copy protected, or have errors, it might won't work

The MKV method is a workaround for protected .mov files.

In QTPro, CTRL+A to select all in video 1, CTRL+C to copy. Navigate to the end of video 2 in 2nd instance (end key), CTRL+V to paste. AFAIK, you can only append 1 at a time, not batch

If your files are "normal" you can use MPEGStreamclip to batch append (which will use QTpro to do this in the background) . List=>batch list=>add files=>task save as (checkmark join files + fix timecode breaks)=>ok=> select different directory
    Quote Quote