VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all

I am looking into purchasing another DVD authoring program. I currently use DVDIt Pro, but it has recently began acting flakey and the support from Roxio leaves a lot to be desired. I used to use DVD Workshop 2 which is a good program, but the scrubber makes it hard for me to add chapter points easily in imported mpeg-2 assets.

Downloaded the trial of DVDLab Pro 2 and it seems to work OK. I will be using the software for business use moreso than personal use, so I wanted to know from those who use DVDLab Pro 2 for business purposes: Is it reliable? Have you gotten any complaints from clients that the DVD would not play and you had to use another authoring software to get a DVD that would play?

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  2. it's what i use for all my authoring. no client has ever had the slightest problem. (with the dvd-lab 2.5 authoring anyway )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using it for a couple of years and have had no problems with it. I know not everybody loves it, and it's open architecture means, while giving great freedom, there is minimal hand holding.

I would suggest you join the Mediachance forums, where the author hangs out. Here you will find many professional users of the product who can give you their opinions as well.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote