VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Does anyone know how to add a chapter or a title to a title in a DVD, so that when I use DVD Shrink, I could only see one title? I prefer edit it by using TMPEGnc and DVD Shrink.

I'm a newbie, so please forgive me if there is anything wrong, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A title contains chapters. You can't have just a chapter on it's it own because it can only exist inside a title. As to how many titles you have - that is determined at authoring time. You cannot join titles in Shrink - Shrink is not an editor and has only very basic trim functionality designed to cut off credits, not edit video - so if a disc is authored with multiple titles, you will see multiple titles.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guns1inger,

So with TMPGEnc Authoring, can I join some other chapters into one title? or do I have to use any other soft? Thanks for replying so quick!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe if you load multiple videos into a single title it will join them, however DVD Shrink's "editing" capabilities are so limited, you would be better off looking at dedicated MPG editing tools, such as Tmpgenc Mpeg Editor, Womble Mpeg Video Wizard or VideoRedo
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I tried and TMPGEnc does do that, but I have to firts split each chapter out to each "little dvd," and then I can only add the VOB FILES AND JOIN them (which means I can't keep the original settings like two audio channels, etc...), it doesn't allow me to add them as each DVD AND JOIN, so sad!

I don't want to "edit" it neither, just wanna add all in one for easier to see and look better! So anyway, thanks for your recommendation!

PS: Help available so quickly, great forum and supporters Guns1inger!
    Quote Quote