VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. milotis i not try hijack just 2help dont get so shook up
    Quote Quote  
  2. I can't wait until you can come up with an easier way to burn to the bd-r 25g since the price drop down so much now. I found 15 bd-r 25g at frys for 1.82$ for one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ycnibrc View Post
    I can't wait until you can come up with an easier way to burn to the bd-r 25g since the price drop down so much now. I found 15 bd-r 25g at frys for 1.82$ for one.
    It's as easy as 1,2,3.

1. Copy with Anydvd
    2. Shrink with BD Rebuilder
    3. Burn with Imgburn

How much easier do you want it????
    Quote Quote  
  4. @mrswla:

You're running Win7. Could you tell us what you had to do to properly configure ffdshow and Haali? Did you need to use PreferredFilterTweaker? It's my understanding that it's not possible otherwise to change filter merit in Win7 without it.

Thanks.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks mrswla but sometime I have a problem with the copy movie only mode. It chose the director comment part instead of the main movie. Is there a way to eliminate that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @ fritzi93:

No I did not use PFT. I ran setup on both and left everything on default. I don't even know what a filter merit is??

@ ycnibrc:

When you select main movie, go under Mode and Select Alternate Movie-Only Playlist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	727
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1133

Select the title that is the main movie.

Name:	Untitled1.png
Views:	718
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1134

Right click on title and select "preview this item" to make sure it is the main movie and not director stuff.

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	728
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1135
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks I will try it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. do you think I can delete all of the extra files (everything except for the main movie) and burn it to the bd-r 25g blank instead of going through the building process, it take way too long to finish. I can understand that you have to reduce the size if you want want to burn the movie on dvd-5 or dvd-9.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Guys and girls, I just have to say Thanks. I hadn't asked for help yet, which is hard for me to do. I carefully read the posts and slowly, ever so painfully and slowly, it appears I have gotten the problem worked out. I was having problems with ffdshow and haali all the same stuff so many others were, but BD Rebuilder is running and so far so good. Thanks for the great Guide and the help you all offer. If I have any more problems, I'll be back.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ycnibrc View Post
    do you think I can delete all of the extra files (everything except for the main movie) and burn it to the bd-r 25g blank instead of going through the building process, it take way too long to finish. I can understand that you have to reduce the size if you want want to burn the movie on dvd-5 or dvd-9.

Short answer: Yes, but only if you know what you're doing. If you mess with the play structure, you'll get coasters. Best to use a bd-re first.

I suggest you run bdrb once in main movie mode to create a template. Then, and only if your movie is less than 23.2gb, drop your movie into the BMDV/STREAM folder. You MUST have anydvd running in the background or you will not be able to decrypt it.

Like I said earlier, use a bd-re first to make sure it works before burning to a bd-r.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by mrswla View Post
    @ fritzi93:

No I did not use PFT. I ran setup on both and left everything on default. I don't even know what a filter merit is??
    Thanks, that's actually quite useful. It means PreferredFilterTweaker isn't necessary unless there's a serious conflict, and normally it won't be needed. It also means when people using Win7 have trouble configuring BDRB, they're probably using incompatible versions of Haali and ffdshow.

The other probable cause of trouble is that they've tinkered already with their DirectShow filters (often without knowing it) and buggered their systems. Codec packs are a prime suspect in this, of course.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi mrswla actually the process was not that long. I was able to complete the whole ripping,building and burning process in less than 3 hours. Sure better than wait the whole night to burn on dvd-5 or dvd-9. I hope that the bluray 25g blank go on sale again and this time I will buy a boat load. Thanks again for your input this is a great thread.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by ycnibrc View Post
    I hope that the bluray 25g blank go on sale again and this time I will buy a boat load.
    I highly recommend these. I have burnt well over 200 with only a couple of coasters, and they were my fault not the discs. Plus they are always having discount codes. Right now that have a 15% off code (JJ15) valid until 4/4. That's only $1.86 per disc, if you buy 100.
    Quote Quote  
  14. how about this one . I'm close to Frys Electronic so I buy most of my computer stuff at Frys. I don't mean to hijack this thread but we are all here to exchange information.
    Quote Quote  
  15. is there a way to convert regular dvd 5 picture to hidef quality such as 720p or 1080p. I watch my reg dvd on my computer and the upscale function did a great job on the picture. It's not far off from 1080p blu ray quality.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Never tried Optimum before, so really can't comment on it.

As far as converting SD to HD, you can in bdrb but only if it is part of the blu ray disc.

Views:	564
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1172
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by titot4u View Post
    milOtis,

The instructions you posted are awesome, except I had some small issues following instructions since the freewares you recommend to use were updated to a later version, but it didn't take much effort to figure it out.

My question is: After burning to my BD5, I noticed a huge delay on the audio playback. Is there any way to correct this problem?

Thanks
    Looks like the shrinking takes too long, is very iffy and very complicated with lots of bugs. I loved your member picture though.
    Thanks, gil
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hello folks; First time posting to a forum, please bear with me. If I'm in the wrong place or out of order, forgive me and instruct me in proper etiquette and process. I'm not a computer novice, and not an expert, but new to so much video manipulation processes. Just installed all software required by Rev 2 of this thread's guide by MilOtis. Very successful in legal 1:1 BD-DL (BD9) backups using my valid subscription to ANYDVD to rip the .iso from my purchaed Blu-Ray video, in this case, The Bourne Identity, and burning to "expensive" 50GB BD-DL with ImagBurn. Currently stuck in the BD to "reasonable cost" DVD-5 backup process. ISO rips like normal, Virtual Clone Drive indicates that the iso is mounted, but when I try to open the iso as the source for the BD Rebuiler Browsing link (Step 5-g of the guide), I select the virtual drive and receive the error message that the drive is not a BD format. One thing I do notice, is that if I explore the computer, the virtual drive, after going through the steps to mount the iso in Virtual Clone Drive, the virtual drive entry does not indicate any file names, just the virtual drive nomenclature and the virtual drive letter. This is also the case when I "Browse" for the source file in BDRB. In MilOtis' pictorial at the same substep, 5-g, the virtual drive letter is followed by the name of the iso file after being mounted, while mine is not. I have rebooted, unmounted and mounted several times, but still get the same error and cannot proceed. Can you advise what I am doing wrong, or what I need to do to get past this issue?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  19. @Dewprecious:

1) Install or re-install UDFReader. I'm guessing you haven't installed it.
    2) If that doesn't fix the problem, unmount the ISO and defrag the drive. Severe fragmentation can cause that problem.
    3) Mount the ISO and try to scan the virtual drive with BDinfo.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Fritzi93; Excellent advice. Thank you so much for your post. The existing UDReader must have been corrupt, as when I completed a fresh download, install & reboot, BDINFO ran fine and BDRB validated the Source drive. However, during the Backup process, BDRB logged a failure and aborted at the 50 min mark after two retries at an ecode process. Not sure how to get the screen print to be inserted and legible in this thread venue, but the main points are ffdshow: Revision 3342, VC-1 not set to wmv9, mpeg-2 is not set to libavcodec. Briefly searched the ffdshow configs, but, not knowing what I was really doing, couldn't find any references and made no changes. Do you have any suggestions on this new issue? I feel so incompetent and out of my comfort zone, but want to learn.

Name:	BDRB Error.jpg
Views:	850
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1245
    Quote Quote  
  21. Dewprecious, you shouldn't be using ffdshow rev. 3342. You should be using ffdshow rev. 3326. Uninstall and reinstall the right one first. Then go to ffdshow and open video decoder configuration. Make sure libavcodec is selected for mpeg2 and wmv9 is selected for vc-1.

Views:	657
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1246
    Quote Quote  
  22. @ mrswla:

You beat me to it. Yes, just so.

BTW, it was only a few days ago that jdobbs changed the recommended version of ffdshow to v.3326.

@Dewprecious:

You might want to download this:

http://www.jdobbs.net/freeware/inspect.exe

Put it in the BDRB folder and run it. It will tell you if your configuration is correct.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

[EDIT] Using the recommended version of Haali (Matroska Splitter) is important as well. Problems most frequently arise with VC-1 encoded Blu-Ray discs. Get the proper version here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716
    Last edited by fritzi93; 8th Apr 2010 at 12:42.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello! First time posting here. Sorry if i'm interrupting but i can't start a previously job already started. I was at about 60% when i shut down the computer by mistake. This is what i get:

-----------------------
    [15:00:36] BD Rebuilder v0.33.02 (beta)
    - Source: THE_COLLECTOR
    - Input BD size: 19.61 GB
    - Approximate total content: [01:29:59.394]
    - Target BD size: 4.27 GB
    - Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
    - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
    - Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
    - Resuming from previously started job.
    [15:00:39] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [15:00:39] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
    - [15:00:39] Collecting video information
    - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 129,456 frames
    - Bitrate: 5,597 Kbs
    - [15:00:39] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 2 of 2
    - Encode failed. Retrying.
    - Reached retry limit. Aborting.
    - FFDSHOW Revision: (3326)
    [15:00:52] - Failed video encode, aborted.
    I've already used INSPECT:
    - AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
    - HAALI Splitter: Ok
    - FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
    - FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
    - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok
    - BD Rebuilder v0.33.0.2, Ok
    - X264: Ok
    - AFTEN: Ok
    - FAAC: Ok
    - MP4BOX: Ok
    - WAVI: Ok
    - TSMUXER: Ok

Help.
    Quote Quote  
  24. If you shut the computer down while it was encoding, you may have corrupted ffdshow and/or haali splitter. Try uninstalling both and do a fresh install. Then try again.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mrswla View Post
    If you shut the computer down while it was encoding, you may have corrupted ffdshow and/or haali splitter. Try uninstalling both and do a fresh install. Then try again.
    Ok I'm going to do that now.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It did not work. Here is what i get

-----------------------
    [21:10:23] BD Rebuilder v0.33.02 (beta)
    [21:10:24] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [21:10:24] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
    - [21:10:24] Collecting video information
    - [21:10:24] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 2 of 2
    [21:10:29] - Failed video encode, aborted
    -----------------------
    [21:10:42] BD Rebuilder v0.33.02 (beta)
    [21:10:44] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [21:10:44] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
    - [21:10:44] Collecting video information
    - [21:10:44] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 2 of 2
    [21:10:48] - Failed video encode, aborted

- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
    - HAALI Splitter: Ok
    - FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
    - FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
    - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - BD Rebuilder v0.33.0.2, Ok
    - X264: Ok
    - AFTEN: Ok
    - FAAC: Ok
    - MP4BOX: Ok
    - WAVI: Ok
    - TSMUXER: Ok

I'm going to uninstall avisynth then reinstall and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It didn't work. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Clean out your BDRB working files folder and try the encode from the beginning.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Maybe try the BD25 and see if that will complete. Also, by your log info it looks like you're trying to keep the HD audio. Is this true? If you are outputting to BD5 (4.7gb), you don't want to keep the HD audio.
    Quote Quote