VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Thread
  1. Ok Dewprecious, I have tried Bourne Identity with similar results as you.

Name:  Untitled08.png
Views: 3261
Size:  95.1 KB

There is only one m2ts file that is the main movie, so branching is not the problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1987
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1367

So, why avchdpatcher is not able to patch the resulting index file is a mystery. Maybe, because the original m2ts file is 32 gb and compress that
    down to 4 gb or 8 gb is just too much. Or maybe because it also has a pip director video track that messes things up.

Name:	Untitled04.png
Views:	587
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	1368

But doing a back up to BD25 goes smoothly.

On another note when referring to output setting, please use BD-5 (single layer dvd), BD-9 (double layer dvd) and/or BD-25 (single layer blu ray). Some of your posts have confused me because I didn't understand what output setting you where trying to obtain. Just a friendly comment to make it easier for everyone to understand.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Here is a visual post of how I back up my blu rays. I don't mount any iso images or use daemon tools or any other programs, tools, etc. The only THREE Programs I use are Anydvd, BDRB, and ImgBurn.
    Name:  Untitled01.png
Views: 3155
Size:  26.6 KBName:  Untitled02.png
Views: 3224
Size:  66.0 KBClick image for larger version

Name:	Untitled03.png
Views:	3108
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	1377

Select Target Size BD-25, or select Custom Target Size ( I normally use 25000 and work backwards until I obtain a 23.2 gb final size--here it is 24500)

Name:	Untitled06.png
Views:	2924
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1375Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled07.png
Views:	531
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1374Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled09.png
Views:	599
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	1373
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled05.png
Views:	2662
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1376  

Quote Quote  
  3. Good deal, mrswla. Your example that repeats the error I was receiving, and further info in the post, confirms fritzi93's estimation of probable causes. Your method for backing up to BD-25 (25GB) appears simplified from the guide's method. Thanks for the input. I have been successful in the rebuild from BD-50 to BD-25 using the guide, so yours should serve quite well. I'll give the Bourne Identiy backup a try with this method, although my final goal is to save money by using DVD DL media in place of BD SL media.

Hey. Don't worry about trampling my feelings with regard to my terminology. I am seriously lacking in that aspect and accept all criticisms happily. What I was using was this: 4.7GB = DVD-5, 8.5GB = DVD-9, 25GB = BD-5, and 50GB = BD-9. Obviously I have been mixing terminologies. My apologies. I should be able to communicate better in the future with the learned correct terms: DVD-Single layer = BD-5, DVD-Double layer = BD-9, BD-Single layer - BD-25, and BD-Double layer = BD-50. (?) Thanks.

One question. Do you use a DVD writer or a Blu-Ray writer when burning the rebuild data to a DVD-5 or 9? I, again, probably wrong, made an assumption that since the final result could only be played on a Blu-Ray player, the burner to use would be a Blu-Ray. I burned my DVD-9 backup this morning with a regular SONY DVD writer and it seemed to work well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes BD-50 would be BD dual layer media. You may want to try these blu ray discs. I swear by them. Also shop4tech frequently has coupon codes for 15%-20% off, so you could be paying less than $2 per BD25 disc.

I don't do BD-5 or BD-9, but it should not matter if you use a blu ray burner or a dvd burner. The files are blu ray compliant but you are burning to a dvd so a dvd burner can burn the files just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Please someone update the BR code so I can decrypt Avatar......
    Quote Quote  
  6. ycnibrc: don't think that's a bdrb code problem. Sounds more like you need to wait for anydvd to be updated.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Dewprecious View Post
    Hello again, fritzi93. OK. Successful BD to DVD-9 rebuild with a different BD movie. WooHoo! Feel much better and vindication belongs to you! Now I am ready to have another go at the Bourne Identity, using your suggested alternate procedure. First, a couple of issues upon which I have suspect clarity of mind. When I downloaded the zip file for ClownDVD, my AV software issued notifications of a found and quarantined trojan "Artemis 5FD33D9F66E3". When I unzipped the "cleaned" file, four folders were placed in the destination ClownDVD folder: AFTEN, BDSup2Sub, Eac3to, and tsMuxeR. Which exe file am I supposed to execute to run ClownDVD for the operation you describe in your previous post on 14 April @ 09:05? It sounded like there should have been a "ClownDVD.exe" file to execute. (Maybe expunged by McAfee?) Secondly, when you say to open the rip in step 1), is that the iso ripped by ANYDVD? Sorry to seemingly play the role of a Dunce, but, in this particular learning situation, the role apparently fits. The rest of the procedure appears straight forward. Thank you much for your shared expertise and assistance. Looking forward to your reply, and any others who may join in. (mrswla, et al?)
    If you use the link for ClownBD, there shouldn't be any question of getting an infected file. I'd delete and start over, and yeah, there should be an executable. BTW, it's just a front-end for the other tools. I'd rip movie-only with ClownBD from the original disc rather than your ISO image.

[EDIT] @mrswla: Thanks for clarifying it's not a problem with multiple titlesets or branching. So the PiP is the likely culprit. It seems fairly obvious the rebuild isn't getting remapped correctly.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 22nd Apr 2010 at 19:33.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Guys here is my issue. I am trying to backup full disc in BD rebuilder to fit on a DVD-9. When I try to patch the index.bdmv file using AVCHD Patcher 1.06 I get an error box that pops up and inside it says the file was patched. Then only the movieobject.bdmv.bak appears. When I burn the BDMV and certificate folders using IMGBURN my PS3 shows a data disc. Now when I follow the guide and do movie only, no issues, shows and plays in PS3 as AVCHD disc. Any help would be appreciated, thanks
    Quote Quote  
  9. 1) AFAIK, full disc BD 5/9 won't play on the PS3, apart from early EU models. Full disc on BD 25 is okay. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146339&highlight=standalone+results

My neighbor has a PS3, recently repaired under warranty and newest firmware applied. Definitely doesn't play full disc BD 5/9 backups.

2) Have you ever made a full disc backup that would play on your PS3?

3) The AVCHDPatcher error may indicate that the original disc has picture-in-picture (PiP), which is known to cause problems in BDRB. (See notes on FullBD in link above). But it's not going to work in a PS3 anyway...
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  10. A couple notes on compatibility:

1) As recommended in the guide, use DVD-R. Some players don't like DVD+R, whether booktyped as DVD-Rom or not. Funai for one, there may be others.

2) The only player I know for certain that won't play discs patched with AVCHDPatcher is, again, Funai. (Rebadged and sold as Magnavox, Denon, Insignia). Nor will discs encoded in BDRB as "Strict AVCHD" play in a Funai. I also found a couple reports about some Panasonics not liking patched discs, but dunno if they should be given any credence. Anything else should be okay with AVCHDPatcher, and some players require it (Samsungs?). Sonys don't need it, but it does no harm.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    1) AFAIK, full disc BD 5/9 won't play on the PS3, apart from early EU models. Full disc on BD 25 is okay. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.My neighbor has a PS3, recently repaired under warranty and newest firmware applied. Definitely doesn't play full disc BD 5/9 backups.
    Full Discs play fine, when patched with AVCHD patcher v1.06. I have custom BD's I have made, in AVCHD format (BD-5 size), that play fine on PS3's. Movie only, and Full Disc.

Also, as far as media goes, I recommend this store:
    http://www.supermediastore.com/category/u/blank-recordable-blu-ray-bd-r-re-disc-discs-media

They tend to have the cheapest prices I have found on the net (no, I do not work for them)
    Quote Quote  
  12. milOtis: I stumbled upon your guide and this thread and I am SUPER excited to try it. I have to order a Blu-ray drive first. I read around the end of March that you were working on a Revision 3 that will be even simpler than Rev 2. How far along is this? Thanks for all your hard work and I can't wait to give this a try.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I am getting this error in BD Builder any help would be greatly appreciated

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1406
Size:	469.8 KB
ID:	1669
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Crystara View Post
    Hi I am getting this error in BD Builder any help would be greatly appreciated
    [Attachment 1669 - Click to enlarge]
    look like you don't have any input from the source. it only show G\ but there is no path/direction to the movie source on your pc.
    Quote Quote  
  15. i found a 48gb eng/german copy of iron man and ran it through this process to make a bd-9. burned it - worked perfect in my computer. when i put it in my lg lhb953 player it says bluray disc, then says disc error, and ejects the disc. any ideas? i have played bd-25 (burned) in my player before with no issues. i also did the index file patcher -- when i dropped it in the title of the dialog box said "error" and in the body the message was "the file has been patched" or something along those lines.

also, is there a way to view the index files/edit them.

(excuse typos - one hand is in a cast)

nm figured it out
    Last edited by L4m3st0n3; 6th May 2010 at 16:25.
    Quote Quote  
  16. using this guide, is there a way to keep "forced subtitles" in Movie-only mode? Forced subtitles play in movies where they are speaking a different language and show you in english subtitles what they are saying... example: Kill Bill, 2012...
    Quote Quote  
  17. The latest update to PlayStation 3 may be preventing me from playing the Blu-Ray BD-5 on a DVD-R disc. It plays well on 2 different computers. The PlayStation 3 however lists it as a 'data disc' and it won't play. The DVD is region free. Is it possible that the PlayStation 3 update is now looking for my 'region 1'? I did use AVCHD Patcher with no problem. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I keep getting this error message and I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[17:57:41] BD Rebuilder v0.33.09 (beta)
    - Source: DIE_HARD_2_US
    - Input BD size: 29.32 GB
    - Approximate total content: [02:03:22.395]
    - Target BD size: 7.72 GB
    - Windows Version: 6.0 [6001]
    - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
    - Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
    [17:57:41] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [17:57:41] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
    - [18:30:45] Reencoding: VID_00001 (1 of 2)
    - [18:30:45] Collecting video information
    - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 177,456 frames
    - Bitrate: 6,375 Kbs
    - [18:30:45] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 2
    - Encode failed. Retrying.
    - Encode failed. Retrying.
    - Reached retry limit. Aborting.
    - BD-Rebuilder v0.33.09 (beta)
    - Windows Version: 6.0 [6001]
    - AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
    - HAALI Splitter: Ok
    - FFDSHOW: 3133, Ok
    - FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
    - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - X264: Ok
    - AFTEN: Ok
    - FAAC: Ok
    - MP4BOX: Ok
    - WAVI: Ok
    - TSMUXER: Ok
    [18:30:48] - Failed video encode, aborted
    Quote Quote  
  19. I ran into a problem when I got to the BD rebuilder program. When it found my .iso file, it gave me an error message that this wasn't a BD Format, even though I followed the directions exactly.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, I just started redoing backups and I too am getting an unexpected issue with I am trying to backup full disc in BD rebuilder to fit on a BD-5. When I try to patch the index.bdmv file using AVCHD Patcher 1.06 I get an error box that pops up and inside it says the file was patched. Then only the movieobject.bdmv.bak appears. When I burn the BDMV and certificate folders using IMGBURN my PS3 shows a data disc.

movie only works fine in PS3. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

bd rebuilder is 0.34.02
    avchd patcher is 1.06
    PS3 is original 60gig version with hardware emulation for ps2/ps1 with latest firmware
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was having issues so I started over.

Starting over...

AnyDVD 6.6.6.0 - diff ver but I dont think this would matter
    BD Rebuilder 0.34.04 - diff ver but I dont think this would matter
    Haali Media Splitter MatroskaSplitter.exe - not sure on ver file is linked on bdrebuilder site
    AviSynth_090927.exe - is latest link and its supposed to be 2.6.0 alpha 2 but it only shows ver: 2.6.0 alpha 1
    ffdshow_rev3326_20100319_clsid.exe - ver linked from bdrebuilder site
    Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0
    ImgBurn 2.5.1.0 - diff ver but I dont think this would matter

all shows good except avisynth?

- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
    - AVISYNTH Version: 2.6.0.1, not recommended version
    - HAALI Splitter: Ok
    - FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
    - WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
    - WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
    - WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
    - FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
    - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - BD Rebuilder v0.34.0.4, Ok
    - X264: Ok
    - AFTEN: Ok
    - FAAC: Ok
    - MP4BOX: Ok
    - WAVI: Ok
    - TSMUXER: Ok

full movie backups work with BD-25(dah)
    Movie only backups work just fine in ps3 (60gig version original model)
    but cant get full movie backups to work with BD-5.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it shows not recommended version? or does it matter?
    also any ideas why cant get full movie backup on BD-5 to work?

thanks for any help or ideas
    crazydrve
    Last edited by crazydrve; 17th Jul 2010 at 01:21. Reason: update
    Quote Quote  
  22. Ok, I need some help. I ripped a blu-ray (This Is It) using AnyDVDHD per the guide to an .iso file on my hard drive.

I installed Virtual CloneDrive v5.4.4.0 and ran it. mounted the .iso file as drive H:

AnyDVD detects the disc and says wait and your disc will be available shortly. All good so far.

I then try to open it in BD-Rebuilder. When I go to select the H: drive it says "selected source is not BD format".

I noticed that it shows drive H as a CD-Drive.

When I put the original Blu-ray in my blu-ray drive (Drive E) it changes from DVD-RAM drive to a CD Drive. If I play the movie in PowerDVD it plays fine. Just for grins I put the Blu-ray disc in my DVD drive and it doesn't recognize it.

Any ideas?

I was really excited when I saw this guide and wanted to try it but can't get past this step. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  23. MCnDaHouse, follow post #182 and see if it works. Copying to iso's then mounting them is just too much work.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I'll give that a try next. Thanks!

Before I delete the .iso, anyone who uses that method got any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  25. I've been experimenting with BD5's and BD9's, using several quality settings. I'm running an Athlon 5000+ (Dual Core), so I'm getting encoding times of up to 36 Hours.

I've just noticed, after several encodes, that there is no certificate folder in the resulting files. Is there some setting I have to change?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Yorel View Post
    I've been experimenting with BD5's and BD9's, using several quality settings. I'm running an Athlon 5000+ (Dual Core), so I'm getting encoding times of up to 36 Hours.

I've just noticed, after several encodes, that there is no certificate folder in the resulting files. Is there some setting I have to change?
    The higher quality settings can be very slow. Personally, I've gravitated to doing BD9 at "Good" (fastest) setting. If you insist on doing BD5s, then the slower settings may be justified. If you use the "Good" setting in BDRB, average length movies can be easily encoded overnight on a dual-core computer.

If you have the "Strict AVCHD" checkbox ticked in settings, there won't be a Certificate folder. I'm not sure it's *ever* necessary in a backup copy.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 15th Feb 2011 at 18:27.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Thanks fritz93. Should the "Strict AVCHD" be checked? Or would patching be enough?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by Yorel View Post
    Thanks fritz93. Should the "Strict AVCHD" be checked? Or would patching be enough?
    It depends on your standalone player, and you haven't specified one.

Several times I've backed up a friend's BDs for him to play on his PS3, and I had to patch the index. But I understand that firmware versions vary considerably. Early Samsung players were difficult too, sometimes so finicky that they would not play a BD 5/9 unless the AUXDATA folder was deleted.

Newer BD standalone players shouldn't require such workarounds though. IIRC, jdobbs (author of BDRB) says that checking "Strict AVCHD" does essentially the same thing as patching the index. So try it and see.

My own standalone players are two Sony BDP-S360s, and they play anything I've made. I've even edited the *.m2ts of backups and re-inserted them in the STREAM folder a couple of times (without editing the structure with BDEdit) and the Sonys played them. (No BD-J menus.) But that's not exactly a good, reliable procedure.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  29. I picked up a cheap ($79.00?) Seiki Player at Wallyworld, and it plays patched, unpatched, with and without the AUXDATA folder, BD5's, BD9's, and BD25's. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a full disc BD9.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Thanks very much for this guide. I got it working burning to BD25's first time!
    Quote Quote