VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I love how when you hover over the last post icon it displays the last post as tooltip text, but is there a way for text within a quote box to be skipped? I like to use that as a quick check to see if a thread's been added to, but I sometimes miss new posts because the prior post was quoted so it looks the same. Not that I'll lose any sleep over it if it can't be done, or even if you don't want to do it. I just thought I'd ask.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've noticed that too occasionally. Alternatively you could use 'Watch this topic for replies'.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Nah, I don't even use the "Watch" for threads I start. I don't want to deal with the emails. If I were that ambitious I'd keep track of the replies count.
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gadgetguy
    Nah, I don't even use the "Watch" for threads I start. I don't want to deal with the emails. If I were that ambitious I'd keep track of the replies count.
    This should not contain any quote in the tooltip text.

edit: now it works!
    Quote Quote  
  5. WooHoo! Baldrick, you are a cybergod! Thanks.
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  6. I just noticed something interesting. I thought it had reverted back to the old way when looking at the tooltip text and then clicking for the last post here and seeing the quoted text was in the tooltip text. But what I missed is the quote within the quote isn't in the tooltip text. So it's still working, it just doesn't handle the nested quoting well.
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote