VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using Microsoft Movie Maker for the past several years and decided to purchase a more versatile program.

I just purchased and loaded Pinnacle Studios 11. Everything seemed ok. I then connected my Panasonic GS35 using a firewire. As always, the computer recognized the camcorder. However, when I try to capture video, I get a message that "Pinnacle Studio is unable to connect to your video device". I double checked and Media Maker can still see the camcorder. I searched this forum and the internet, but it seem like all potential fixes assume the computer can't see the camcorder, which is not the case here. I'm guessing its a software issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. don't bother with capturing with it. always use winDV and capture to type II files and then import them into whatever editor you choose.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    don't bother with capturing with it. always use winDV and capture to type II files and then import them into whatever editor you choose.

Thanks so much for the help. This worked perfectly. I'm still a little annoyed that the first thing I tried to do with my new program needed a work-around, but at least now I can use it.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote