VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to change the region code on this DVD player from 1 to 2. I was able to theoretically change it with the remote's set-up button and the code 741130 (and I selected "all regions"), but even after turning the machine on and off, my region 2 DVDs are still not payable. Am I overlooking something?

I also tried the two other region code hacks listed for this model, and I didn't have much luck with them either. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD model: NAD T562
    -FranSF
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately some DVD players cannot be made region free at all. Also, manufacturers may make hardware changes during production that break hacks that used to work. Or hacks may work ONLY on the models sold outside of the USA and Canada, with models in those 2 countries being different in hardware and unhackable.

It is not normally a requirement to turn a player off after changing the region setting, so perhaps you can try the code again and then not turn it off and see if that works any better, but it could also be any of the things I listed previously and you are out of luck.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, jman
    Quote Quote