VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I have a Sanyo HD2000 which has a useful feature in camera where you can join / cut multiple AVC H.264 MP4 files with no loss of quality. Unfortunately it is rather slow, so i was wondering if there is a Windows based program that does the same thing.

Many Thanks

Nick B
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looking for such a tool also. I have two m4v Files that I want to merge and make it one without re-encoding them.

I read that it is supposed to be possible with Quicktime Pro on the Mac... but how can it be done on Windows?
    Quote Quote  
  3. you can try yamb (mp4box) or avidemux for .mp4
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have any m4v files, but the two that poisondeathray mentioned work well for joining without re-encoding on mp4 and mkv. I've only used it to edit (trim) xvid, though.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @mrclassic99 - if your .m4v files are not copyprotected (DRM) e.g. from Apple store etc... one workaround on Windows based platform is to re-wrap each segment first into .mkv (not forgetting to set the proper fps), then use mkvmerge to append each segment. You can use mkvextract to extract the joined raw .h264 stream and re-wrap into another container if you didn't want .mkv
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    poisondeathray: Thanks for the hints. I came across YAMB already however I also read it's very buggy which prevented me from giving it a try. My files have no DRM but your idea to convert to mkv first seems a bit complicated and unpractical if you need to do it frequently.

By googleling around I came across a tool that sounds perfect (MP4 Joiner) http://www.mp4joiner.com - anyone knows about it? What is disturbing me here is that there is no indication on the person/company that made it. Looks like just a piece of anonymous software that even costs money. Not very trustworthy on first sight.

Well, i think I will have a look at YAMB regardless what other people write about stability.
    Quote Quote  
  7. mrclassic99 - if you are talking about .mp4, there are more options. The command line mp4box (not the yamb gui) is more robust and works well, and you can also try mp4muxer. mp4joiner looks like shareware, but there is a free trial so give some feedback if it works out for you

With .m4v there are fewer options on windows, which is not a common supported format. I don't think any of the above will work (except mkv workaround); please post if you have a different working solution
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually I am talking about .m4v - indeed it looks like my options to merge such files on windows don't seem to be big. I have a Mac in another office, looks like the Quicktime Pro option is most suitable for the moment. I will post back if I succeeded.

Thanks for all the help.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello to all,

I recently tested YAMB, since I'm also interested in appending several MP4 HD files at the end of each other.

After running YAMB, I ended up with a file containing several Video/audio streams running in parallel : when opened with mediaplayer classic HC, I saw three windows playing at the same time the 3 files which were supposed to be appended.

So YAMB seems to join, not to append. Or am I doing something wrong ?

Best regards

jacky serpenti
    Be yourself and be happy in what you do
    Quote Quote