VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone have experience with ATT's U-verse TV system? I get phone and internet service from them and they're plaguing me to signup for U-verse. It appears to be DISH Network delivered via the phone line. I currently have Dish Network via the dish. Rain fade and other weather problems are annoying. Would telephone line do away with that. What's the quality of the signal?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It is not dish network though a phone line. It is fiber-optic until it gets to the last mile to your house, then it uses the copper wiring of your house. It uses IP technology meaning it goes through routers and switches and then the packets are reassembled into the pictures you see on the television.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/uverse

ATT Uverse forum.

Originally Posted by freebird73717
    I haven't used att U-verse but my local telco has a similar iptv system. It was prone to macro blocking and if you were downloading large files at the same time as watching tv it sometimes made the signal drop out due to having to share the bandwidth with the internet. I don't know if att uverse is any different or not. I will say that as soon as my contract was up I canceled and went with satellite (which I will soon be canceling in preference of free digital OTA TV).
    Same thoughts my sister has. She went from ATT + Dish to ATT Uverse, back to ATT + Dish. They had issues with not being able to watch more than 2 HD streams at a time various technical, promotional, and pricing problems. Not to mention the eye sore of a box they put in the back yard. The Whole home DVR is nice.

I have some other friends that seem to be 50/50 on it. ATT + Dish is popular where I live, and they rolled out Uverse a little over a year here. It's been hit or miss overall.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it because the limited pipe wouldn't allow me to do what I want. Right now I can watch 4 HD streams, talk on the phone, and peg my 15mb/s internet line, not possible with Uverse.
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I haven't used att U-verse but my local telco has a similar iptv system. It was prone to macro blocking and if you were downloading large files at the same time as watching tv it sometimes made the signal drop out due to having to share the bandwidth with the internet. I don't know if att uverse is any different or not. I will say that as soon as my contract was up I canceled and went with satellite (which I will soon be canceling in preference of free digital OTA TV).
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I actually have att Uverse it's pretty good, on same level as Dish & Direct. Way better than Cable. I had a problem with macroblocking found out was bad connection. They have a great service center & they go the extra mile to resolve problems. This probably will change once they get big like comcast>.....
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Uverse. It's Great! We record a lot of television programs and then watch them later to bypass the 2 HD streaming deal. You can watch them on any tv. We have 6 connected!
    PEACE!!!
    Quote Quote