VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a mkv file, which is 1920x816 (AR2.35:1).
    When I try to convert it to BD, PowerDVD plays it in full screen mode (16:9). Everything looks stretched vertically of course.
    Is there a fats way, to change the AR? I tried to reconvert with MP4Box/yamb/mkvmergeGui etc, but always with the same result.
    I'm now trying to reconvert with Handbrake, but this takes very long. Please advise, how to accomplish this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried multiAVCHD? and maybe you need to use uncropmkv.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the advice. But uncropmkv seems to do nothing (because the mkv file was not changed at all).Am I missing something?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You need to add the borders back to make it full frame 1920x1080 like the original blu-ray. This requires re-encoding

(1080-816)/2 = 132 pixels to the top and bottom
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I understand that now. I hoped, there was a shortcut, as handbrake took about 5 hours to convert a 2.5h movie.
    I eventually got uncropmkv running (reinstalled Avisynth), but PowerDVD doesn't recognize the BD disk I created with MulitAVCHD.
    I think, it has some to do with the sound track, as the first BD (done with Handbrake) has no sound at all.
    I keep on trying. Thanks anyway for the valuable advice.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Eventually I got things working.
    Trouble was, that after changing my graphic card from ATI to NVIDIA, some ATI codecs still remained on my machine. After removing them in the registry and filter settings. Everything works fine now.
    BTW, ARCSoft MediaTheatre is much better in dealing with Blu Ray material than PowerDVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can try to change the (MKV) files display size info with header editor (so it displays that AR when the movie plays)in MKMerge it's in the file menu.
    Quote Quote