VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What software can I use on Vista Home machine to broadcast live video and record it, i.e. save it
    to a file at the same time?
    I have an NTSC signal that I am able to http stream using free Windows Media Encoder 9.
    But it does not record while it streams. There was some information that I could try
    using a DirectShow compliant software, but I am unable to find such a software.

I am able to use Corel VideoStudio to record the file to MPEG, but it does not stream.

Running both software at the same time does not work as they are using the same driver.

Not that it matters but I am using a Belkin composite to USB adapter "Hi-Speed USB 2.0 DVD Creator".
    I have experimented with a Haupaugue vide card.

Thanks,
    Rio
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VLc Media Player might work, use the wizard mode to set up the streaming.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I just went there an entered the following question.

One problem is that is gnu licensed, and I want to use this at work on a private subnet. It is difficult or impossible to use gnu license software in this subnet.

Would I be able to use VLC to stream a live NTSC signal and capture/encode/recored it simultaneously?
    A first glance at the HowTo shows the wizard providing the option to either stream or save to a file,
    but no option to both stream and save.

I have an NTSC signal that I am able to http stream using free Windows Media Encoder 9.
    But it does not record while it streams. There was some information that I could try
    using a DirectShow compliant software, but I am unable to find such a software.

I am able to use Corel VideoStudio to record the file to MPEG, but it does not stream.

Running both software at the same time does not work as they are using the same driver.

Not that it matters but I am using a Belkin composite to USB adapter "Hi-Speed USB 2.0 DVD Creator".
    I have experimented with a Haupaugue vide card.

Thanks,
    Rio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One solution i can think of is to use Windows Media Encoder 9 to stream the video, then use Camtasia or Snag-it to do a screen capture you may have to create a loop back between your sound cards speaker out and Microphone jacks.
    I haven't tried this method but it seem feasible.
    Quote Quote