VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm recording TV shows and movies via Satellite, SD and HD streams, which include DVB subtitles streams, which I'd like to keep. SD files are MPEG-2, while HD files are h264 video and ac3 audio.

I want to trim those files at the beginning and end, while keeping everything intact.

I managed to do it for SD files with ProjectX, however, I cannot open HD files with it. I get an error message:
    Error while encoding frame
    Not enough data in buffer .

I tried TS Packet Editor, but I cannot open either files. I get an error message:
    Error: Removing DirectShow objects
    Specified cast is not valid.
    Error Loading Video, Disabling.

Also, H264TS Cutter fail to open my files.

Note:
    The recordings are done with SageTV and DVB-S2 card.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. ProjectX doesn't handle h264 format. If you cannot open HD .ts in two other programs, the stream has to be full of errors or at least it has corrupted structure. You may also try tsMuxeR.

BTW: Much better and cheaper is DVB Viewer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TS Packet Editor and H264TS Cutter couldn't open my files, probably because they don't recognize the DVB subtitles stream.

I tried tsMuxeR and it notifies me it doesn't recognize the DVB subtitles stream.

The video ts files are fine, because I can view them, including the subtitles, with MediaPortal.

So, I just paid for DVBViewer and it cannot open (play) my ts files.
    May be I can get support at their forum, and may be not.

Any other ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Try to record a HD stream in DVB Viewer. What is strength (%) of the signal? If the signal bar is displayed in yellow (I think it's then below 40%) then you may get errors.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Recording in DVBViewer is no good for me. There is a gismo software that creates 6 virtual tuners out of 3 physical ones, and I need it. It works only with SageTV. Also, it uses joker's NDSCAM to open my satellite Smart Card in order to view the channels I'm subscribed to, which I doubt DVBViewer would be able to do.

Moreover, I managed to open a small ts file with DVBViewer, however, there was no option for trimming the file (cutting few minutes at the beginning and end of the movie).

As I wrote before, the signal strength is fine and the ts files are fine, since they are being plaid by MediaPortal.

BTW, I get signal strength 70 and quality 100.
    Quote Quote