VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, bit of a new here. I recently bought a Hava Platinum HD capture device. It outputs a mpg file. I'm looking to convert that to either a avi or mp4 for use with a PS3 or PSP. I know PS3 can play mpg's, however it seems to be picky about what mpg's it'll play, as it messes up playing this one. So I decided to try and convert it to avi or vob and I'm having some big problems. I've tried using just about any software I could find.

First started with PSP Video 9, the audio and video are out of sync from the get go. Have tried the 3gp converter, with the same results. Tried converting it with avi.net, which has sync issues form the beginning. Have tried editing it with VideoReDo and exporting to either a more PS3 friendly mpg or vob, it'll play perfectly fine while editing but when it outputs the file, it'll start fine but after about 20 mins it'll just all of a sudden start losing sync. DVDx worked great but the quality was just too bad.

So I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions on programs? I'm looking more for speed over quality, as long as the quality isn't horrible, as I'll be watching it on PSP (either by remote play or using mp4). I don't mind paying for it but I want it to have a full video trial. I'd like to end up with either a avi or vob, as they seem to work best with PS3.

Thanks in Advance,
    Jeffrey
    Thanks,
    Jeffrey
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    HAve you tried the quick stream fix in videoredo and then export to mpg? Same sync problem?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    HAve you tried the quick stream fix in videoredo and then export to mpg? Same sync problem?
    Yeah tried that. If I done it right, it's even worse. After it's done, when I open up that mpg file, it's almost like it's in 2x speed. It was originally a 61 min file, the output after doing that is 39 mins.

I'm just completely baffled as to why these videos are so hard to edit/convert. I've never had this much problem before.
    Thanks,
    Jeffrey
    Quote Quote  
  4. you could try handbrake or xmedia recode, they both have psp presets.

the problem maybe the hava or the software it uses to encode. i've never heard of Monsoon Multimedia hardware.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    you could try handbrake or xmedia recode, they both have psp presets.

the problem maybe the hava or the software it uses to encode. i've never heard of Monsoon Multimedia hardware.
    Thanks a ton, tried XMedia and it works great for convetting it to avi and done it pretty fast. Plus it even has the option to ouput in PSP format. Now I just gotta do some research on what all options are and what looks best.

Handbrake also worked but it seemed to take alot longer.
    Thanks,
    Jeffrey
    Quote Quote