VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to convert a MKV file with DTS 5.1 audio but tsMuxeR gives a message B-Pyramid Level 1 detected shape DTS to 2 Frames. any conversion I select gives a Stereo file so I loose the 5.1 DTS audio.I tryed using ConvertXtoDVD but it won't conert the MKV file at all it gives an error message Burn init error some files to big VOB >1GB.Any sugestions on how to convert this MKV to a DVD format and keep the DTS 5.1 audio?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I may be mistaken, but most apps don't support DTS audio. For 5.1 support, you need to use the DD5.1 track.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    DVD specs require that if DTS audio is used, there must be at least one other audio track on the DVD in AC3 or LPCM format. So technically you cannot create a valid DVD with only DTS audio. This plus DTS licensing costs may be why various conversion programs don't support DTS audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thegrube
    I am trying to convert a MKV file with DTS 5.1 audio but tsMuxeR gives a message B-Pyramid Level 1 detected shape DTS to 2 Frames. any conversion I select gives a Stereo file so I loose the 5.1 DTS audio.I tryed using ConvertXtoDVD but it won't conert the MKV file at all it gives an error message Burn init error some files to big VOB >1GB.Any sugestions on how to convert this MKV to a DVD format and keep the DTS 5.1 audio?
    Are you using version 3 (the latest) CXD? It has an option to keep or convert DTS.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MysticE
    Originally Posted by thegrube
    Are you using version 3 (the latest) CXD? It has an option to keep or convert DTS.
    Yes and I've used this for other mkv files with dts and it converted them to dvd ok and retained the DTS audio.For some unknown reason this MKV file won't covert at all.It gives the error message: Burn init error some files to big VOB >1GB.I was just wondering if there where any other conversion programs that convert mkv to dvd that would retain the DTS audio.Looks like ConvertXtoDVD is the only one that will,so for this file I'll have to be satisfied with Stereo.Thanks for the info everyone.
    Quote Quote