VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have a problem with getting the Audio from the Dictaphone to Sync up with the .avi captured from my MiniDV Camera. I ran a test to see the problem clearer by recording myself clapping every five or so minutes and attempting to sync it up at the end. It would be in-sync perfect at the start but by 15 minutes the audio from the dictaphone was about 1 second behind. I don't really understand it, anyone know what I could do to solve this problem?

I have taken screenshots of the files properties in my Editing Software.

Thanks for any advice.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You might like to have a read through this post that I wrote for a friend a while back.
    He wanted to sync up the sound he recorded on a minidisc recorder, with the camera audio (it was for a wedding video)

I know it sounds a bit long winded, but you only have to do it once -and after that it's a lot quicker than trying to sync up the audio in lots of short sections!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cheers, I'll have a read.
    Thanks for repling

So any audio files I record on my device I just change the tempo by the amount I found during the test, yeah?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah-- although you do have to be pretty accurate (which is why the test talks about calculating the file lengths to within 100th of a second or better).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I manage to get it working alot better by increasing by 0.064, but after around 30 minutes it gets a little echoy, but no where as bad as it was before. I may try editing the test files agains.
    Quote Quote