VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. has anyone successfully captured with 5.1 sound?

i have found ,as i know many have ,that the updated version of arcsoft tme fails on burn.the older version burns but doesn't support 5.1.

i have the 5.1 hd pvr drivers.

is it the tme ,or am i barking up the wrong tree?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have done hundreds of captures with the optical input (5.1). Edit the captures in TME - but create AVCHD on hard drive/folder and then use imgburn to burn to DVD. Imgburn never fails!.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by romanticwarrior
    has anyone successfully captured with 5.1 sound?

i have found ,as i know many have ,that the updated version of arcsoft tme fails on burn.the older version burns but doesn't support 5.1.

I also have a HD-PVR from Hauppauge and I believe that I threw away the Arcsoft software CD as soon as I got it w/o even installing it. I capture everything with SageTV. Yes, it has 5.1 audio

-milOtis
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by romanticwarrior

Yes, I've been capturing in 5.1 for a couple of months now with the Hauppauge HD PVR. You want to make sure you have Dolby Digital enabled in your High Definition Satellite or Cable receiver. I had to enable it in my Dish Network receiver. Well I don't even use the Arcsoft software to author blu-rays. I use TS Remux to make blu-ray files and burn them to disc with Nero Burning Rom.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by milOtis
    Originally Posted by romanticwarrior

I also have a HD-PVR from Hauppauge and I believe that I threw away the Arcsoft software CD as soon as I got it w/o even installing it. I capture everything with SageTV. Yes, it has 5.1 audio

-milOtis
    The Arcsoft Capture software does a good job of recording. I like using GB PVR when I want to record overnight since its scheduler recorder is much simpler to use than Arcsoft.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    if you cannot capture 5.1 dolby with the PVR is one of 2 reasons.

1) The version of the build and software did not include 5.1 dolby

2) Your sat/cable receiver is set to to output audio other than dolby.

3) Not using optical cable.

Easy fix for these issues. For #1 go to Hauppauge site and download the file in the support section and and just load on your computer. #2 & #3 needs no explanation.

Dolby 5.1 is yours.
    Quote Quote