VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello - I have made a project with Pinnacle Studio and its 4:3

How do I make it into 16:9 for widescreen TV's?

Thanks so much for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. use virtualdub to "cut" the tops and bottoms off to create a 16:9 format video.

Or use Ifoar2ws to change the ar flag from 4:3 to 16:9. But the video will probably look strected if you do that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If I user Virtualdub. Will it cut out any part of the video?
    Quote Quote  
  4. the only way to make it true 16/9 without distorting the aspect ratio and making everything short and fat is to cut off the top and bottom parts of the video like mrswla said. it would cut off about 20% of the video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cutting off parts of the video to "fit the screen" is stupid.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. If the source is 4:3 then leave it 4:3,cutting off parts is not worth it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have the mpeg files that were done in Pinnalce Studio. Is there a way to do anything to get 16:9 ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. You've already been told how to convert it to 16:9. You've also been given the consensus opinion about doing it. Why repeat an already answered question?
    Quote Quote  
  9. manono - I am looking for answers not comments. So pls. dont reply unless you have an solution.
    Quote Quote  
  10. go back to your source and save the project as 16/9 in pinnacle? it's not the best but it should be able to at least do that. it will add black bars on the sides of the video to make it 16/9 most likely.

unless you have 16/9 source material it's not going to look good no matter what you try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    go back to your source and save the project as 16/9 in pinnacle? it's not the best but it should be able to at least do that. it will add black bars on the sides of the video to make it 16/9 most likely.

unless you have 16/9 source material it's not going to look good no matter what you try.
    That's the main question. The OP has not said what his source material is.

Hello - I have made a project with Pinnacle Studio and its 4:3
    Does this 4:3 video have top/bottom bars?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by ozab
    manono - I am looking for answers not comments. So pls. dont reply unless you have an solution.
    There are several possible solutions but you haven't provided enough information yet for anyone to be able suggest the best one. One is to crop 60/72 rows of pixels from both the top and bottom, resize to 720x480/576 (NTSC or PAL), and reencode as 16:9. There, do you know any more than you knew before?
    Quote Quote