VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to enbale the software to playback ripped BD from Hard Disk by any means? tweak, patch or anything?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    anybody looks at the threads in this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dont have blue ray player but I know a person who rips BlueRay to his harddrives and plays them with PowerDVD ... so ... there is a way .... but he lives about a 1000 miles away and ... well you can figure out the rest ... check the forums or ... google it

keywords I used in search >>> blue ray powerdvd 9

Try this >>>

http://unkool.com/misc/how-to-play-blu-ray-rip-on-powerdvd-9

Trial version of PowerDVD does not support Blu-ray Disc playback. So you have to purchase one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by giosa
    anybody looks at the threads in this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your behaviour ... is possibly not going to get you very far ... check the forums ... do a search
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I not impatient in any way just this is not the first case of negligence in this forum! Thank you for answer anyway. Power DVD is total shit, seems there's no way to make it play ripped BDs. I got the link you gave me, but doesn't work with v9. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, it wont work. I would try ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre instead. It works fine for me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes ArcSoft works fine, but i guess PDVD's sound quality and DXVA is better or am I wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    giosa - PowerDVD long ago removed the ability to play ripped BluRays from a hard drive. Hollywood complained about it and Cyberlink (the creators of PowerDVD) caved in like the little bitches they are. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that every release of PowerDVD has less functionality than the one before it. With each release, Cyberlink takes something away that they used to support in previous releases because Hollywood complains about it.

I think the 7.x versions were the last ones that could play ripped BluRay dscs from a hard drive. The only "fix" that I know of is to find an older version of PowerDVD that had this support. Cyberlink will NOT under any circumstances be willing to supply you with an older version that could do this, so you'll have to use other methods to find it.

To be blunt, weekends are kind of a down time for a lot of us here. I don't always respond on weekends to posts here. Lucky for you on this one. Also, had you done a well crafted web search, you probably would have been able to find out that PowerDVD 9 doesn't support this. Anyway, please be more patient in the future.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by giosa
    I not impatient in any way just this is not the first case of negligence in this forum!
    Getting a question answered depends on whether someone who can answer it is checking on a given day, and has time to read through numerous posts to find yours. 24 hours is not that long to wait for an answer. The "labor" here is made up of the membership, of which you are now a part, by the way. Do you plan on coming here every day for several hours to read and answer questions?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Powerdvd 8 will play blu-ray from the hdd.Also people here on the forums give help as a courtesy and are not required to answer any posts.When posts go unanswered its usually most people dont have the solution right away.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks guys!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The person I mentioned is also pissed about PowerDVD ... but not for playing Blue Ray.

He has some movies on DVD-HD and PowerDVD wont play them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Baldrick said ...

Baldrick Posted: May 10, 2009 05:35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope, it wont work. I would try ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre instead. It works fine for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My friend also mentioned same thing .... he uses ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre to play his DVD-HD disks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yup, can confirm that Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 will not play Blu-ray from hard drive, but Arcsoft Total Media Theatre does.

I wish I had found this thread earlier because I just spent the past three days figuring this out for myself through trial and error. First for mounting the BD ISO, I tried the virtual drive in Alcohol 120%. That usually works well for DVD ISOs. That plus PowerDVD didn't work (unsupported disc error). Then I tried mounting the BD ISO in Daemon Tools' virtual drive. Same error with PowerDVD. Then I tried running AnyDVDHD in the background, but still no go. I also tried Alcohol 120%'s virtual drive with Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre, both with and without AnyDVDHD, but no dice.

What worked was mounting the Blu-ray ISO in Daemon Tools' virtual drive and playing with Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre. No need, unless you want it, for AnyDVDHD.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can play HDDVD/bd iso`s using wmp 10 (fu*k wmp 11 or 12 they full of DRM VIRUSES) on winxpsp3. With ANYDVDHD on in the back gound, with K-Lite codec pack 5.00full version and finally FREE RIPPER Alcohol 52% s virtual drive.Sorry I forgot you also need the udf driver 2.5 to handle all those large ISO`s.

Just one more thing about powerdvd9,when you uninstall it .It leaves behind drm viruses that have some effect on some of your pc media caperbiltes.Only way round this is format and dont install any commercial player software. Only free ones because they dont have to kiss anyones arse.Its a BIG FU*KING SHAME about Cyberlink they where realy cool in the dvd revolution.But now they fu*king CR*P.Even their burning software has drm viruses.

Anyway hope it helps.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had some success playing Blu-ray ripped to HDD using PowerDVD9. To do this, start PowerDVD 9, then open windows explorer and navigate to the folder that contains your ripped Blu-ray, then drag-and-drop the folder onto the PowerDVD 9 main window. After a few seconds, your movie should start. I just did this with two movies, Doubt and The Soloist. I could not make it work by dragging-and-dropping the ISO image of these two Blu-ray discs; I could make it work only by dragging-and-dropping the folder containing the ripped disc (as described above).

Note, if I try to get PowerDVD 9 to play the movie files from the hard disc, PowerDVD 9 can't seem to find the files (even if I set the directory to exactly where the files are stored). Dragging-and-dropping seems to be the only way that I can get it to work.
    Quote Quote