Hi there!

I have a DVD-player with an USB-input. Now when I got an .avi and subtitles to it I can either brun the subtitles into my movie (useing AVI ReComp or Auto GK) or just upload a subtitle file with the same name as my .avi to my USB.

Now the thing is I want to show special characters that aren't supported by ANSI. For that I use a program (fast made by me in AutoIt :P) to change all my characters and then resave the file as Unicode (not UTF-8 but UTF-16LE because I can't burn a subtitle in UTF-8 into a movie using avisynth->VobSub -> VirtualDub (what AVI ReComp does automaticly) :S).

It seems like my DVD doesn't show subtitles in Unicode at all (have tested with UTF-8 and the special characters got all wrong and UTF-16LE the DVD-player doesn't show at all! haven't tested UTF16BE yet!)). So do I really need to burn my subtitles into all my .avi's before host them on USB->DVD ? Or is there any smart way of uploading .avi + my subs (while not burning the subtitles into my .avi) and make my DVD display the special character as well (while writing I remembered that maybe my DVD-player have a Unicode : ON option but I'm not sure, will check it tomorrow in the morning)

thankfull for all answers

michcio

EDIT: have now tried with UTF16BE as well and my DVD-player doesn't show these subs at all. there is a DivX-subtitle function set on unicode but nothing else about unicode :/