VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what I am trying to to is create a music video from just the picture of an album and adding an mp3 to it and convert it so it plays like a standard avi file or so. the reason i am doing this is that i have alot of regular music videos in vob and avi format that i create complete music dvds out of, but some of the music i have (regular mp3's), haventcome out with a music video yet so i would like to add that music on my dvd with the other regular music vids but instead of a video i would be ok with just the album cover showing during the duration of the song. Is there anything that can combine a picture (such as an album cover) with an mp3, wav or such and create an avi file out of it or even a vob
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What I have used is to open a JPEG in Virtualdub Mod, then copy and paste it. Then repeat by copy and pasting both new JPEGs, then repeat again with the four new ones. It's a geometric progression. After a few copy and pastes, you have the makings of a displayed series of the same picture that will last as long as the audio track. I'm sure there are better ways, but this has worked for me in a pinch.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ImageSource("C:\Path\To\Picture.bmp",FPS=25,End=59 99)
    ConvertToYV12(Matrix="PC.709")

Adjust for your path and picture name, picture format (BMP, JPG, PNG, etc.), framerate, and length. Open that in VDub(Mod), choose and configure your codec (XviD or DivX, most likely) and add in the MP3 audio. Encode using Fast Recompress. That example sets the framerate at 25fps and has the picture last for 6000 frames (or 4 minutes). It also converts to the YV12 colorspace of the final AVI:

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/ImageSource

Creating a VOB (DVD video) is even easier. Make a BMP of 720x480/576 and DVD compliant audio (WAV, AC3, or MP2 in PAL land). Open both in Muxman. Give it a Destination folder and hit Start. The completed DVD will be the length of the audio.
    Quote Quote