VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Every time I play a recent MKV file on my XP computer, the picture and sound do not synchronise very well at all. then during a quite slow scene it will synchronise again. This never happened until a few months ago. You would think its because my computer needs more ram, but im telling you its not. I have no trouble at all with other video formats. Its just MKV files. I don’t know if its because recent anime fansubbers are using a higher quality video rate, but I would think I need to force the quality down a touch. Help please?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bump. help needed please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You machine is quite old, based on your computer specs. If these are larger files you may simply not have the grunt to play them in sync. Try posting some specs on the movies - mediainfo will show you what you need to post.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ignore that. i signed up quick so i just copy and pasted those specs. i have a normal XP computer. besides, it has nothing to do with how old my computer is. it plays avi and other formats fine. its just MKV.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "A normal Xp xomputer" means absolutely nothing. MKV has become the online home for HD video, and if you don't have enough grunt, you won't be able to play it properly. It doesn't matter that you can "play avi files". That also means next to nothing.

You want help ? Provide details.

What are you computer specs ?

What are the video specs ?

What player(s) have you tried ?

You came here looking for help, remember.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote