VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone. Having some problems here.
    I recorded 3 tv shows from sat tv, using a Skystar HD 2 card. All of them are 544x480 with ~2000kbps bitrate.
    I used Womble to cut out unwanted parts and add fades in and out.
    I always convert my videos to DVD using TMPG Xpress but this time I couldn't.
    TMPG freezes while converting the first file. In fact it only freezes the image, the audio keeps encoding. So I end up with a video file that freezes the video at a certain point and the audio keeps til the end.
    Tried CCE and had the same problem.
    Tried also xvid4psp to make the mpeg file but ended up with a sync problem.
    Then I tried Canopus Procoder and it seemed to be ok. The file was not freezing video and I imported on Encore to create the DVD.
    When building the compilation the program gives me an error while building that file. So I got the file encoded with Procoder and used on TMPG, trying to create a new mpg without errors. This time TMPG didn't freeze the video, but Encore kept giving me the error.
    The last thing I tried was to import the 544x480 videos on Encore and let it transcode for me. Error again.
    I have no idea what to do.
    I didn't try to encode the files with Womble because it's too slow. But will try it if nothing else works.
    Or maybe I will convert the files (or just the problematic one) to avi-dv and import it on Encore.
    Didn't try changing field order with restream or anything "advanced" like that, as I have no idea if that can cause this problem.
    Any ideas?
    Thanx.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What error does encore give?

544x480 is not dvd compliant so encore will probably reconvert and fails. Have you tried convert to dvd compliant mpeg2 video using procoder? or maybe you are already doing it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did. Tried to convert with TMPG, Procoder and others, as I said above. Procoder was the only one that didn't freeze the video or had sync problems. But Encore was not able to build the DVD.
    When I used the videos encoded with Procoder the error was "end of file". I googled it and it seems like a damaged or corrupted file. That's why I used the Procoder file on TMPG, trying to correct that.
    Then the error is another. Just something like "error" when building the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, just finished converting the file with Womble. The file plays fine on WMP and MPC (as the other encoded files).
    Encore imported, recognized the DVD specs, but keeps saying "transcode" in one of the columns.
    When it tries to transcode before building the DVD I get the message "transcode error".
    Any other idea before I convert to avi-dv?
    Thanx.
    Quote Quote