VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I'm looking for a simple software (same philosophy as Virtualdub for instance) that would allow me to cut frames from a video and export the result as an avisynth script.

Example:
    - I load a video named "test.avi" of 5000 frames
    - I cut frames from 255 to 366
    - I export these operations as an avisynth script

The script exported would look like this:
    Code:
    AVISource("test.avi")
    Trim(0,254)+Trim(367)
    Aviscript does not do this, at least I didn't find any way to do it in it. Once I found a soft able to do it, I can't retrieve it, but it exists.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want, but you can look into AvsP. I typically do my cutting beforehand, so never tried, but I don't see why not.

Also you can look into MeGUI. Yes, it's an MPEG-4 encoder, but has some friendly features to set up a basic script (cropping, resizing, deinterlacing, etc). Look into the Tools menu, which also includes a cutter.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll give a try to AvsP. In fact I just want to make avisynth script that will used as an input to x264 for instance.

MeGui is not what I want.

Edit: AvsP seems to fit exactly what I was looking for. I can see directly the result as avisynth script, and cut frames. It has more options available, it light and reactive, perfect.

Thanks a lot PuzZLeR you really helped me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, you don't do your cuttings beforehand? You do it after having encoded your video? I don't see what you mean.

Tipically, I'm doing an *.avs to cut frames, desinterlace, crop... then I encode, mux or whatever.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most of my source these days is DV, and some MPEG-2, and since it's good source to edit I do my cuts/edits beforehand instead of with AviSynth - before encoding, which is what I meant. By the time I'm ready to feed my script with filters (sharpen, grain, deinterlace, crop, etc) my work is literally "cut out for me" (I'm an editor first in this hobby). It's just a matter of encoding the clips after, then I do my muxing, etc.

I know MeGUI is known as an "encoder", but it's got neat little AVS setup tools. But, at any rate, I'm glad AvsP works for you.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote