VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. For all these time I tried to find but I couldn't so can anyone of you help me, please!

How can I extract hardsub from MKV. file? (If you could explain me too and with which program can I do that)
    If there is no way please tell me I will do anything I don't care about time just to extract whole subtitle whit karaokes and effects and everything.

I would be really grateful.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I changed the topic subject so it actually says something about your post.

You must OCR hardsub/burned in subtitles but I don't know any software for that can do it directly from mkv. Can't you find the subs on some subtitle site?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have the original disc (if this is a commercial dvd or blu-ray), you can easily extract subs using many of the Tools located to the left.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't have them on CDs I have just MKVs. that my friend download from net to do some project.

@Baldrick, by the way then how to extract them even whitout software, because I want to get some effects that I really need for my project.

(I never done that so I don't know anything of it)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Note that OCRing subtitles only gets you the letters, and you may have to work at it to get those correct, especially if the subs use a complex font or effects. It will NOT copy any special effects the original hard-subs use in the video; you'll have to manually recreate those yourself.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. So Ai Haibara, you say that there is no way how to get effects because I could do timing and typing manually but I cannot create effects. Is there any way to do extract only lines of effects? That is what I need the most and that is why I want to do that.

@Baldrick I tried whit Avisubdetector and it didn't work for me. Only thing I could do is change letters and txt. but I don't get lines of effect as I need.

P.S. I have already subbed so I don't want to change someones work. I desperatly need effect lines.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No - there's (currently) no way to extract styles or special subtitle effects (fades, moving letters, color shifts, etc.) from hardsubbed videos. You can get the text, more or less, but you will have to recreate the effects yourself, if you want them.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Alright. Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can always try to contact the person or group that created that particular hardsub - they might be able to help you with the effects.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yeah, but only if they want to because I am stranger to all of them.

@Do you know in that case which program to use to go to IRC sites and I want some free?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean a free IRC client? I'm not the person to ask - I don't use IRC.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yeah. I meant free IRC client. Thanks any how.
    Quote Quote