(oops, i think i should have posted this into portable forum section, can a mod move this to the correct forum? thanks!)

Hello all.

I purchased this device a few months ago and have been sticking with the device learning everything that I can find out about encoding movies. I have been using Super, a free program gui for mencoder, etc, to do most of my conversions. I find it very useful and almost all of the time it converts everything correctly and most importantly, very easy to use. But, I have been experimenting with converting wmv containing dts audio and higher rate hd samples in Mkv containers, and Super will not be able to handle the dts audio correctly when down sampling to ac3 for the player or on high bit rate MKV mpeg 4 avc codecs, it will stutter for such a brief moment it's barely noticeable, but noticeable none the less. So, after downloading just about everything under the sun, I have found most commercial software to fall way under most freeware programs like Super and Avanti, etc.

The format that I am trying to convert are usually mkv containers into:

Avi container
Mpeg 4 9600 bit rate or under at 1080i or 720i resolutions(regular mpeg 4 not the msmpeg 4 v2 etc).
Mp3 192 to 300+ bitrate
Screen size on the player can be as high as 1920 x 1440 but most videos are 1920 x 1080, 1920 x 816, 1280 x 536, etc. The player isn't too pick with the HD screen sizes.
I also need to be able to turn off subtitles and change audio tracks.

Kind of simple, eh? But, almost every program that I come across will convert the mkv into mp4 or msmpeg v2 and won't give me the option of standard mpeg 4.

This player is one of the pickiest ones out there for codecs and I honestly, I can't stand divx quality most of the time.

What is the best converter program for this? Is there some other program that is set up sort of like Super that allows the same kind of functions but with a stronger encoding method?

I know, I know, I'm a noob at this and I'm just starting to learn about avisynth and cli programs like mencoder, mkv extract, etc, but I keep running into dead ends on certain issues. I like teaching myself how to learn new things like this so if someone can point me in the right direction, it would be most helpful. Hell, if someone could help me write a script in avisynth for the above requirements, that would be nice hehe. I am reading a lot about avisynth, but that is a lengthy endeavor.

Thanks for the help,

darky