VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have Studio 8 software, old I know. I haven't used it in a while and recently installed it on a newer PC. I have some DVDs of home movies I had converted from PAL Digital 8 to DVD. I used DVDx to rip these to avi files. So opening the avi in Studio works fine but it will not detect scenes with the options for automatic or date/time. Picks up two or three and throws the entire rest of the hour together in one. Doesn't actually finish, have to cancel and that's what ends up. If I use create scene every X seconds, that works (but I really want it to detect scenes based on changes as it has always done in the past).

It also is not picking up the audio track at all. If I open this avi in MS Movie maker, it detects the scenes and picks up the audio fine. I thought perhaps DVDx had made a type 1 instead of type 2 avi which Studio says it needs, but I tried a converter and it said it is the right type (Studio probably would not have opened the video at all if it were the wrong type). MM sucks for audio and other reasons and I want to use the Studio for this.

I used to have Vegas (which is great) but the laptop died and I don't have the disks, oh well. Any ideas on what is acting screwing with Studio?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The scene detct only works for DV camcorder captures. It works off the timecode breaks in the DV metadata. Search for "optical scene detection" that works from MPeg2.

Your audio may be AC3. Studio8 doesn't cap AC3.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Doesn't help much, I know, but I NEVER could get Studio 8 to work properly. And I'm not alone either. Maybe you shouldn't waste any more time messing around with it? [shrugs]
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Upgrade to Videostudio Pro X2
    Quote Quote