VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In converting my DVD's to x.264/h.264 I've turned to handbrake to encode and package them as MKV's. It's a brilliant tool and has really made the whole process simple. However I'm facing an issue now where I want to preserve the exact soundtrack as is on the DVD. I don't want to be re-encoding everything to AC3. Especially my DTS stuff. Of course RipBot does direct stream copy for audio, but it can't take DVD Video TS folders as inputs, nor optical drives the way that Handbrake can.

Are there any other one-click solutions out there? Or can someone point me to a guide that is detailed enough to walk me through a multi-step process of encoding video with x.264/h.264, keeping the audio untouched, and adding one channel of English subs to the package for a few foreign films?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ripbot can import dvds but you have to select the first vob from the main movie vobset.
    For DVD sources, the DVD folder (video_ts folder) will contain a lot of files, but you only need to load in the first file in the VOB set that contains the content you want to convert. For example, if you want to convert the main movie, then locate the set of VOB files that are largest in size.
    see http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/RipBot264_PS3_Xbox_360_Guide_page2.html

Or try fairuse wizard or xvid4psp or megui with the builtin one click encoder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick, such a heavy hitter, as usual you know how to give excellent answers and help, while tactfully reminding us that there are other places to look outside videohelp.com forums.

Thanks once again. I'll report back with my progress.
    Quote Quote