VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Yes, I can confirm the bug. With unpatched Flash10h.ocx (for IE), I am indeed able to click the resolutions directly.
    After the patch, I can only toggle by pressing the current resolution at the bottom.
    No biggie though, definitely can live with it here ^^;
    Test vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VoUvIQiDIY
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by madwh View Post
    It happens with any video for me. Here's the one from the screenshot above. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SSpII7kXqs&hd=1&feature=hd
    You can change video quality while fullscreen by click several times on drop button: Name:  01.png
Views: 7274
Size:  23.0 KB

On other player you don't have any problem for example this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i2RCBa3l-g
    Last edited by roma_turok; 14th Jun 2010 at 14:35.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry for the delay, I ended up needing to do some work and haven't been able to check out the problem. Now that I have the time, I will start right away.
    Quote Quote  
  4. After looking through the the code I found a call to load data at the end of the dll with the first three characters "CWS" (Compressed Flash), I extracted that data into a new file and played the file and that was it, the attachment is a copy of that data. Having years of experience of raw editing flash files via a hex editor, I will change a few ActionScript timer variables to effectively disable the appearance of the message. That way it will be 100% compatible and be processed as normal.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK, I updated my original post with the new patch.

The new patch is much larger but no one should have a problem with it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Great Job Chronomaster.
    I tried the new patch, it's harder to patch but indeed fixes the small "change rez in fullscreen" bug (using the activex version).
    Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Can some one post new ocx?
    Thanks.

Attached patched NPSWF32.dll 10.1.53.64
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Rikis; 18th Jun 2010 at 12:13.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Sorry for the delay Rikis, I just got your PM.

Here are the patched files for 10.1.53.64.

Edit:

Attachments moved to my main post.
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 15th Jul 2010 at 21:09.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you CHRONOMASTER, the "Press esc..." message no longer appears.

I was wondering if you can fix another problem with Flash10h.ocx

It has a h264 header check so it will only use hardware acceleration for progressive video (not interlaced)

But this check fails with the BBC iplayer, possibly due to DRM interference, even though the iplayer videos are progressive.

Can you disable this check or hard code a jump to always use hardware acceleration?

What tools are there for dissassembly/code examination?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Am I the only one that noticed the mouse pointer doesn't disappear in fullscreen anymore?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by davidw53 View Post
    Thank you CHRONOMASTER, the "Press esc..." message no longer appears.

I was wondering if you can fix another problem with Flash10h.ocx

It has a h264 header check so it will only use hardware acceleration for progressive video (not interlaced)

But this check fails with the BBC iplayer, possibly due to DRM interference, even though the iplayer videos are progressive.

Can you disable this check or hard code a jump to always use hardware acceleration?

What tools are there for dissassembly/code examination?
    Sorry, even if I could locate that portion of the code and the video is using the required codec for hardware acceleration, I don't have access to the BBC iPlayer as I live in the US.

For tools I use are IDA Pro Disassembler for code locating and Ollydbg for code changes, but in the latest case for changes I used 010 Editor to edit the swf file by hand after decompression.

Originally Posted by madwh View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed the mouse pointer doesn't disappear in fullscreen anymore?
    I have not noticed that on players that implement that function.
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 1st Jul 2010 at 02:39.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, CHRONOMASTER, for the disassembly tips.

I've patched your version of flash10h.ocx again to omit the SPS header check
    https://vstuff.virginmedia.com/n/50-26/f/420700716/deflate/no/

It seems the BBC iplayer sets a flag that says interlaced format is possible, that causes software decode fallback.
    Its not a problem with DRM in any way.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    https://vstuff.virginmedia.com/n/50-17/share/LNK40374c3293d35bad0/#

Hopefully permanent link for anyone who wants it (probably only UK users)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Uploaded to this forum

https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2547&stc=1&d=1278429296

as the virginmedia link only works for other virginmedia users apparently.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Patched the plugin (for Firefox etc) to bypass the SPS header check (for the BBC iplayer)
    again starting from CHRONOMASTER's version.

TIP: Replaces file of the same name in the Macromedia flash folder (under windows/system32) but I also had to delete existing file rather than copying/renaming it due (I think) to some strange caching issue
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by davidw53 View Post
    Patched the plugin (for Firefox etc) to bypass the SPS header check (for the BBC iplayer)
    again starting from CHRONOMASTER's version.

TIP: Replaces file of the same name in the Macromedia flash folder (under windows/system32) but I also had to delete existing file rather than copying/renaming it due (I think) to some strange caching issue
    Thank you! I'd just bought a new graphics card specifically so I could watch HD content in the iplayer, only to find this was the one thing it made no difference to. Now it does.

I still can't watch HD in the iplayer desktop app - very jerky video - do you know if this is essentially the same issue and whether a similar fix may be possible?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The iplayer desktop uses AIR (Adobe Integrated Runtime) which, although release at the same time as the Adobe Flash Player, does not have the H264 hardware acceleration feature (probably because it aims to be a more cross-platform solution)

Or, maybe it does have the hw acceleration but only by using the flash plugin (the same as the one fo Firefox etc.) with the bundled WebKit browser, which is not the way that the BBC have implemented it.

So, no, the iplayer desktop cannot be patched in this manner.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by davidw53 View Post
    The iplayer desktop uses AIR (Adobe Integrated Runtime) which, although release at the same time as the Adobe Flash Player, does not have the H264 hardware acceleration feature (probably because it aims to be a more cross-platform solution)

Or, maybe it does have the hw acceleration but only by using the flash plugin (the same as the one fo Firefox etc.) with the bundled WebKit browser, which is not the way that the BBC have implemented it.

So, no, the iplayer desktop cannot be patched in this manner.
    Ah, ok, shame. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi David

I am new to applying these patched files to my Flash in Chrome. I have downloaded the flash10h.zip and also the npswf32.dll.

After extracting I have put them into the following folder windows/system32/Macromed/Flash/

However, there already seems to be a flash10e.ocx there. I removed this and renamed the flash10h to flash10e and also I replaced the dll attached. After doing this, closing and re-opening Chrome, I was still shown the "press esc" message and iplayer was not using hw acceleration.

Could you please give me any tips on how to get this awesome patch working?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  20. gurmu, uninstall flash properly (not renaming stuff lol), then install it from the adobe page, THEN replace the files with the ones from this thread.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi there!

Ive uninstalled both IE and Chrome versions of flash using the official uninstaller. Then installed the latest flash from the flash site for Chrome. Replaced the DLL file only and when opening up any youtube vid, the "press esc" notification is still showing.

Maybe I am having that same cache issue?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hmm then, possibly a cache issue.. just swapping the files worked first try here (xp sp3 though).
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    first try here (xp sp3 though).
    Where's here?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like the strange caching issue. Also you may need to completely uninstall any (beta?) version using
    this http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

For Chrome you need to then install the plugin, then replace the npswf32.dll file by DELETING (do not copy or re-name) the installled one and copying in the patched one.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by gurmukhp View Post
    first try here (xp sp3 though).
    Where's here?

Thanks
    = on my system :P
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Chrome uses it's own flash plugin, see this other forum

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2975246#2975246

So either set it to use the system version or work out how to patch Chrome's separate install.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hello Everyone,

I updated my post with a cleaner patch that pretty much equals one line of actionscript.

I also made a patch for Google Chrome.

For Vista/7 users of Google Chrome you can find the file you need to patch/replace at:
    C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\{LATESTVERSION}\gcswf32.dll
    And for XP users:
    C:\Documents and Settings\{USERNAME}\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\{LATESTVERSION}\gcswf32.dll
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I want to report a couple bugs, first the mouse pointer no longer dissapears, and second when I go to Youtube and see some videos I can't use my mouse scroll wheel on the favorites menu from the tools bar, it doesn't happens in all the videos and usually happens after pausing and resuming the video. Here's an example of a video with the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYGlWjIKoY4&playnext=1&videos=LpuUCZsqxZk&feature=sub

I'm using Firefox 3.6.8 on Win7 32bit.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  29. @Guazzap

I have not experienced any problems with the mouse cursor not disappearing when it's supposed to.
    And for the toolbar issue, that toolbar is a combination of html and javascript and not part of the flash player, as far as I can tell.

Assuming your using the patch in my post here.

I'm also using Firefox 3.6.8 on Win7 32bit.
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 8th Aug 2010 at 00:10.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    @Guazzap

I have not experienced any problems with the mouse cursor not disappearing when it's supposed to.
    And for the toolbar issue, that toolbar is a combination of html and javascript and not part of the flash player, as far as I can tell.

Assuming your using the patch in my post here.

I'm also using Firefox 3.6.8 on Win7 32bit.

Hey thanks for your response. I downloaded the DLL file from the link and now everything is working perfect thanks. I had downloaded the .exe from the first page of this thread.

I did a test and the problem with my bookmarks doesn't seems to be related with the patched file.
    Quote Quote