VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by madwh View Post
    Is it just me or the mouse pointer doesn't disappear in fullscreen again?
    Yes in the patched Flash version 10.2.152.26 mouse pointer doesn't disappear in fullscreen.
    You have option to come back to previous version if CHRONOMASTER don't succeed.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by new View Post
    How do I patch to version 10.2 for Firefox? I guess I have to replace NPSWF32.dll, but I can't find it on my computer.
    Copy paste to RUN or address\location in file explorer: %SystemRoot%\system32\Macromed\Flash and press enter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Originally Posted by new View Post
    How do I patch to version 10.2 for Firefox? I guess I have to replace NPSWF32.dll, but I can't find it on my computer.
    Copy paste to RUN or address\location in file explorer: %SystemRoot%\system32\Macromed\Flash and press enter.
    That worked. No idea why I couldn't find it. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by madwh View Post
    Does the problem disappear if you revert back to the original unpatched 10.2 flash player?

Since 10.2 just came out of Beta, I'm thinking this is a bug in their software and not related to my patch.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    Originally Posted by madwh View Post
    Does the problem disappear if you revert back to the original unpatched 10.2 flash player?

Since 10.2 just came out of Beta, I'm thinking this is a bug in their software and not related to my patch.
    From my testing of original unpatched 10.2 flash player
    mouse pointer disappear in fullscreen on youtube site player.
    Last edited by roma_turok; 18th Feb 2011 at 10:08.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I see the problem, I missed a string size byte which resulted in the flash player
    reading text and trying to process it as code.

I fixed the problem, now the actionscript command is executed correctly.

I updated my post with the fix.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks, Chronomaster.

I was a follower of your release almost from the first and I was coming to just report that. But, also, I registered just to say thank you for your work It's not enough to say how I like this flash mod, but should work
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks CHRONOMASTER, the mouse pointer now disappears for me in fullscreen.
    Last edited by madwh; 19th Feb 2011 at 20:05.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    I just registered on this forum just to say thank you!
    I really hate that annoying message, when i go fullscreen i want to see the video from the start, not text over video that i cant turn off
    I that asking so much? Who in his sane mind could come with such an annoyance?
    By the way, who uses the Esc key to exit fullscreen? Flash developers? Do i need to be reminded of the same thing over and over everytime i go fullscreen? If at least there was an option to show or hide the message after the first time you see it...
    Freedom starts with being allowed to chose
    Well thank you for all your effort to make every day living a little less annoying and more freedom of choice
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    And please keep updating while the square heads in Adobe keep annoying us
    Quote Quote  
  10. I think the reason they show the "press esc to exit fullscreen" is because some flash "viruses" could take over your screen and you wouldn't know which is the real desktop. You'd have to be a complete noob to not notice it but then when thinking about on how many computers flash is installed...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, madwh has a point, plus not everything that can go into fullscreen has a GUI button to exit fullscreen. There is a very large user base that if not prompted every time would panic after not being able to exit fullscreen and end up doing something stupid like unplugging their computer.
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 23rd Feb 2011 at 15:39.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I hope my english is understandable because im spanish

I think that a flash virus could also mimic the message to be more real, but i see the point that some people need to be guided every step they take

Ill try to clear my point:
    1. The message is very annoying for me
    2. I only ask Adobe for an option to turn it off forever after ive seen the message the first time

Thank you for your comprension, and most of all thank you for your hard work
    Quote Quote  
  13. Now is updated to 10.2.152.32! CHRONOMASTER we need you again
    Quote Quote  
  14. Did anyone have problem skipping forward in time 720p youtube video
    on last unpatched flash version 10.2?
    Or its just me?
    on flash version 10.1.102.64 I don't have any problems.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Roma, no such problem here.
    Using Chronomaster's 10.2.152.26 (patched).
    Youtube 720p videos fullscreen have no problem skipping forward. After a brief pause (to download), the video resumes, in sync.
    Nvidia 267.24 beta, hardware acceleration enabled in flash player settings.

On another note, I wonder what the new version 10.2.152.32 brings to the table.
    Later,

TSR
    Quote Quote  
  16. Yo Chronomaster - are you going to be rolling with a set of files for the 10.2.152.32 release? I was going to attempt the hex edit based on the info on the first page of this topic, but I didn't understand instructions for a few of the things (I'm not very good at it, and don't want to guess and botch it all up).

You mentioned padding the remaining bytes with zeros, but I wasn't sure how far that block extended in my editing tool. As I said, I'm not that good with it. I guess I wanted physical boundaries to know I didn't munch up something else.

Also, the "new MD5" thru me as I wasn't sure if you meant that was the hash after the edit (assuming I did the edit correctly). Not using SHA1 instead? I thought everyone moved on from MD5. *shrugz*

thanx
    Quote Quote  
  17. My own mod from the instructions left by ChronoMaster in his post

After check the offset had the same content info from 10.2.152.26 to 10.2.152.32 I started to replace data.

Here (inside zip) is the MD5 from the official to my mod to check someone and confirm.

But remember, I'm not good at this, so you might have crashes or something. Be aware of this. This mod is only for Firefox/Opera/Seamonkey, etc, you know.... (I didn't do for IE or Chrome, sorry, because this is just I try, a shy try)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by vididex View Post
    I didn't do for IE or Chrome, sorry, because this is just I try, a shy try
    Guell i'll wait for Chrono's 152.32 activex version ^^;
    Thanks for these though, I'm sure they will be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by theshadowrunner View Post
    Originally Posted by vididex View Post
    I didn't do for IE or Chrome, sorry, because this is just I try, a shy try
    Guell i'll wait for Chrono's 152.32 activex version ^^;
    Thanks for these though, I'm sure they will be appreciated.
    Ok, I did, but as with the other, expect anything. I just followed the Chronomaster instructions, as in the other one, but with this one I noticed that the offset is at 0x004916B8.

I included the md5 signature too for anyone to confirm my try.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  20. Thank you very much vididex!
    Just tested the activex version for IE, everything seem to be working OK
    Quote Quote  
  21. Tnx vididex, working like a charm.
    Quote Quote  
  22. This program will automatically patch and remove the annoying "Press Esc to exit full screen mode."
    message from any version of Adobe Flash Player 10.2-11.5 or till a big enough update breaks it.

The program has an easy to use point-and-click interface with dedicated buttons for patching:
    Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox*, and Google Chrome

*Includes: Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera (and other plugin-based browsers)

This program will run on Windows XP/Vista/7/8, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
    Adobe Flash for Mac OS can also be patched. (instructions)

If a file is in-use/locked, it will give you an option to mark the file to be updated upon reboot.

The program was written using AutoIt and the source code is available.

Command Line is now available.

Usage: <Patcher>.exe -f <FullFilePath>

CLI Return Codes (%ERRORLEVEL%):
    0 = Patch Successful.
    1 = Invalid Parameter.
    2 = File Not Found.
    3 = File Already Patched.
    4 = Reboot Required.
    5 = Incompatible or Unknown file.

If you like my work and can spare a few dollars,
    please consider sending me a donation via PayPal.

Code:
    v3.00  12/25/2013
    • Add - Added limited Command Line support. (ex. <Patcher>.exe -f <FullFilePath>)
    • Fix - Automatic patching for Google Chrome should work for everyone now, completely rewrote Chrome flash detection.
    • Fix - Noticed a spelling mistake in an error message.

v2.02  2/12/2013
    • Add - Added support for Flash 11.6

v2.01  2/10/2013
    • Add - Added support for the newest version of Google Chrome.
    • Fix - Fixed support for some people who have not updated to the latest version of Google Chrome.
    • Change - On request, the button text for Firefox has been changed to include Opera.

v2.00  11/27/2012
    • Add - Program will now patch 64-bit Flash as well when you choose IE or FF.
    • Fix - Fixed patching of the Mac OS flash player.
    • Add - Added the file mask for the Mac OS flash player to the Open and Save dialog box.
    • Add - Displays the current processing stage while patching.

v1.08  11/23/2012
    • Fix - Fixed Flash file ownership and permissions in Windows 8.

v1.07  11/22/2012
    • Added - Supports Adobe Flash for Windows 8.

v1.06  11/14/2012
    • Fix - Fixed the detection of Google Chrome that has been recently (re)installed, due to the changes Google made to the installer.

v1.05  9/28/2012
    • Fix - Fixed a logic error in my code. Patch for Google Chrome v22.0.1229.79 now working.

v1.04  8/25/2012
    • Added - Supports Flash 11.4
    • Change - Program now supports multiple code markers (10.2-11.3, 11.4)

v1.03  8/8/2012
    • Fix - Google Chrome is now working again. Patches an additional flash dll "Pepper Flash" pepflashplayer.dll that Google is now using to sandbox the Adobe Flash Player.
    • Change - Some minor GUI and code changes

v1.01  3/12/2011
    • Change - Now using the registry to find files (don't know why I didn't do this in the first place)
    • Change - Replaced using icacls with cacls (will allow changing file attributes in XP)

v1.00  3/11/2011
    • Release

Download v3.00:
    Click Here
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 25th Dec 2013 at 09:06.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I'm proud to announce my program I spent the last four days programming.

This program will automatically patch and remove the annoying "Press Esc to exit full screen mode."
    message from any version of Adobe Flash Player 10.2.x or till a big enough update breaks it.

It has an easy to use point-and-click GUI with dedicated buttons for patching:
    Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome

This program will work in Windows XP*/Vista/7, both 32-bit and 64-bit.

*Not tested in XP but it should work, testers needed.

If a file is in-use/locked, it will give you an option to mark the file to be updated upon reboot.

The program was written using AutoIt and the source code will be made available.

If you like my work and can spare a few dollars, please consider sending
    me a donation via Amazon Payments, PM me for more information.

P.S. Sorry for the delay, normally I receive an email when there is activity here, but I didn't receive one this time.
    Tested on XP :
    On IE8 not patched even after reboot
    On Firefox no problem
    On Google Chrome error: Unable to find Google Chrome

Unable to close patch program after right click on tray icon

You can unlock Flash10n.ocx file by 2 command lines commands:
    echo y| cacls %SystemRoot%\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10n.ocx /p Everyone:F
    attrib -r %SystemRoot%\system32\Macromed\Flash\
    Flash10n.ocx

If you dont have XP you can install XP on VirtualBox for testing
    Last edited by roma_turok; 11th Mar 2011 at 07:19.
    Quote Quote  
  24. It works under Windows 2000 SP4 and recognize my mods as already patched versions, but is weird that the md5 signature of my mod and the auto-patched isn't the same If they have the same data, they should have the same signature At least, "hexing" them, looks the same.

Anyway, one suggestion for the patcher: availability to make a backup, better, a zipped/rarred backup of the oficial/original, just in case, with the free rar command-line version or whatever . If AutoIt can manage it (I don't remember, to be fair).
    Last edited by vididex; 11th Mar 2011 at 10:56. Reason: typos
    Quote Quote  
  25. @roma_turok

Re: [On XP,] IE8 not patched even after reboot
    Thanks for the help, I was using icacls from vista/7 and attrib (see below), but after looking at cacls (within Win7) it didn't seem to have the necessary function so I skipped it. Now that I know the file has a permission denying Everyone from changing attributes in XP, I will be adding the suggested cacls command for XP or just replace icacls if it works all around. The permissions would be the reason why the file was not updated on reboot if the file was being used in the first place.

Code:
    #Region ### Unlock File ###
        If FileExists(@SystemDir & "\icacls.exe") Then
            ShellExecuteWait("icacls", '"' & $sFileName & '" /remove:d Everyone', "", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Enable attribute changing
        EndIf
        ShellExecuteWait("attrib", '-R "' & $sFileName & '"', "", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Remove Read-Only attribute
    #EndRegion ### Unlock File ###
    Re: [On XP,] Google Chrome error: Unable to find Google Chrome
    Can you send me your path to your gcswf32.dll file for Google Chrome?

Re: Unable to close patch program after right click on tray icon
    Oops, sorry about that. There is a feature in AutoIt by default where if you right-click on the system tray icon it pauses the script. I will disable that in the next release.

@vididex

Can you send me your auto-patched file and the file you're comparing it to? I compared the files you posted with the auto-patched files on my computer and they both match (nice work!)

As for backups, I don't know, I will take it into consideration and I will look into it.
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 11th Mar 2011 at 19:52.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    Can you send me your path to your gcswf32.dll file for Google Chrome?
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\user.USER-DF0FEF33CF\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\10.0.648.133\gcswf32.dll file version 10.2.154.18

C:\Documents and Settings\user.USER-DF0FEF33CF\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\10.0.648.127\gcswf32.dll file version 10.2.154.18
    Quote Quote  
  27. Updated my program to v1.01 (Link)

Now using cacls instead of icacls to allow changing file permissions in WinXP (Thanks roma_turok)

I'm now using the registry to lookup file locations for IE, FF, GC.
    This will be faster and unlikely to fail like my previous method for finding files.

v1.01 3/12/2011
    • Change - Now using the registry to find files (don't know why I didn't do this in the first place)
    • Change - Replaced using icacls with cacls (will allow changing file attributes in XP)
    Last edited by CHRONOMASTER; 15th Mar 2011 at 04:00.
    Quote Quote  
  28. OK
    I tested and update first post.
    I suggest to remove source code to prevent damage/implant virus by others
    despite exe file can attach virus without source code, but exe attachment more detectable by antivirus.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    @vididex

Can you send me your auto-patched file and the file you're comparing it to? I compared the files you posted with the auto-patched files on my computer and they both match (nice work!)
    I deleted, so that's difficult, but I did this afternoon again and all md5 were the same (my mod, autopatched 1.0 and autopatched 1.01)... weird. I think I did something wrong the first time yesterday So, nevermind Maybe I checked for the ocx file instead npswf32.dll. It's all deleted, so no way to know what I did.

Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
    @vididex
    As for backups, I don't know, I will take it into consideration and I will look into it.
    And nevermind too for the backup suggestion. I thought later that, just in case the people don't use the installer could be useful, but it is possible to uninstall and then reinstall, so, what I said, nevermind

Sorry to bother with these stupid thoughts :S
    Quote Quote  
  30. Great job CHRONOMASTER thank you a lot
    Quote Quote